Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 24 mo lease on my 2015 JKU Altitude ending in August.

I'd like to extend the lease for another 12 mos. I'm more than happy with the jeep and still like my edition more than anything that's available now.

Does anyone have any experience with this? It's leased directly from Jeep.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I don't have experience extending a Chrysler Financial Services lease, but I am on my 2nd lease extension (extended for 1 year, then at the end of that year extended for another year) for another household vehicle leased through Nissan Financial Services.

Here is the profound truth I came to realize as to what makes them decide if they want to extend your lease. If the buy out price on your contract is more than the current market price of the vehicle then they'll want to extend. Otherwise, if you turn the vehicle in, they have to take a loss, because they cannot sell it for the residual value or more.

Jeeps, so far at least, have been holding their values well. At the end of the lease financing company wants your Jeep back because they can sell it for more than the residual amount on your lease contract you can acquire the vehicle for.

Therefore, I doubt you'll be able to extend your Jeep lease. Just give them a call and find out. Then let us know how it went. It will be interesting.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts