Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I get in my Jeep this morning to goto work. When I turn on the lights my left blinker dash light is solid. When I activate the left turn signal, it flashes fast as if a bulb is blown but all bulbs are functional, including the side marker. So I shut the lights off and activate the left blinker and everything flashes normally. I turn the lights back on and the dash light goes solid again. I turned them on and off several more times, wiggled the multifunction switch, nothing. So I turned the lights on and left for work. I had been driving for approximately 20 minutes when the Jeep suddenly started beeping VERY loudly. It beeped 8 or so times and the left blinker light went out. No shutters,sputters, engine lights, nothing. The Jeep keeps driving as normal. The light has remained out ever since.

Any idea what happened. Anything to be worried about?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Mine does that sometimes when the steering column gets real wet. I think it's the blinker stalk getting stuck.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sounds like a ground. Older trailers do it all time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Blinker Fritz

1st, try spraying some ELECTRICAL contact cleaner using the plastic red extension spout while using a flat edge screw driver to lift the rubber "guard" around the turn signal lever that leads into the steering column and work the lever up & down to hopefully clean the contacts. If that does not work, you might have to replace the whole turn signal switch.

·
Registered
267 Posts
mine does the same thing my left blinker light stays on when i turn on the lights and my dash beeps at me and doesn't stop until i slow down???

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
Mine never blinked, but the stalk gets stuck at times and the left light will turn on when I touch the brakes. I tend to agree maybe a ground or other wiring is messed up. I think when mine was redone whoever did it goofed a few things up. Or there is just a short/worn wire somewhere. Not enough for me to worry though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well this morning it got weirder. It beeper at me all the way to work. Light never went out. :-/

·
Registered
280 Posts
My first TJ, an 04 Sport, did that several times right after I bought it used. It had some moisture in one of the front turn signal lamps. Cleaned that out and it never did it again.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My first TJ, an 04 Sport, did that several times right after I bought it used. It had some moisture in one of the front turn signal lamps. Cleaned that out and it never did it again.

check the bulbs they will stay lit to let you know a bulb is out
Ya'll nailed it on the head. There was moisture buildup in the lens. It had corroded one of the connections and was causing a short. sometimes the bulb would work, sometime it wouldn't. I sprayed some contact cleaner in there, added a small piece of aluminum foil for added thickness, installed new bulb, and dried the lens. Everything seems to work great now. Hopefully it'll hold up. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts