Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, I parked next to another Jeep at the grocery store and when I was about to load my groceries in my Jeep, the owner of the other Jeep walked up and started scolding me about parking next to him. He accused me of parking next to him to show off mine and put his plain stock down. I tried to explain to him that I parked next to him as a brotherhood, nothing more or less. He wouldn’t hear any of it and kept on scolding. Anyone else ran into anything like this before?

Reactions: HoustonHeathen

·
Registered
879 Posts
I've had it happen a few times - "You're parked to close again." I told her that I needed to park that way so I could get the garbage and recycling container out of the garage without having to move her (wife) Jeep.

·
Registered
83 Posts
What a tool, dude needs to chill, sounds like he was bitten by the green-eyed monster. I always try to park next to another Jeep, modded or not. Never been scolded (yet) but complimented many times!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
As I get older I find that I have no tolerance for, nor do I suffer fools lightly. I'd have told him to go ........ himself.

Luckily, I've never met anyone like him. Every owner of every Jeep that I've ever met that parked next to me, or I to him/her, was a great person and I usually end up in a prolonged Jeep/military/fly fishing conversation. And I make a new friend!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I never park next to other jeeps, if they want to park next to me then that's fine but I dont want to give anyone an imposed positive or negative sense when they arrive to their vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
It never crossed my mind that someone would be pissed and think I am showing off my modded Jeep next to their unmodded one just to belittle them. People have become way too hypersensitive about perceived injustices. Where we live there are many folks who have Jeeps way more (expensively) modded than mine, and I love parking next to them, even when their lift dwarfs my 2.5" lift!

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
People with Jeeps just need to get out more often and wheel with others more often. People hardly wave anymore. To me that shows a lack of knowledge for the brand.

People can still be an individual and wheel with groups to get to learn and know about sharing their lives and meeting like minded people. I think we as a society take what we see on the screen and contort it to represent everyone we meet outside of our homes.
There is so many good Americans that simply go un-noticed anymore.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I asked a guy to turn off his stinking Ford diesel while I loaded my groceries the other day. Never had words with another Jeeper :thumb:

1 - 20 of 150 Posts