Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be stoned to death for asking the question.. but 35x12.50R20 Suretrac All Terrains are 155 bucks a pop at Walmart. Tread pattern doesn't look too bad for my needs... I don't get into alot of mud or rock crawl. Tempted to buy 5 and have them mounted elsewhere.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've never head of them so a little search produced this.

Suretrac Tires home page
Suretrac Tire is one of the brands exclusively distributed by Staridge Inc, a Chinese tire manufacturer.

Personally that was all the info I needed.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I can't speak to any of the stuff Walmart currently inventories, but I watched my dad bargain shop Wally World with Goodyear Wrangler's for a Ford F150 and Douglas tires for a Mercury Sable, when I was younger. As a result, I haven't purchased any tires from Walmart in the 24 years of my married life. Not going down that aisle. It may be to my own detriment, but I learned from his experience. A lot of what Walmart carries (consumer goods) is built to meet a contracted price point and that scares me. Yes, auto manufacturers do the same thing, but Walmart is not my tire store.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can respect that...

I see ALOT of guys running federals. Kinda the same scenario isn't it? I mean Walmart carries them. I really do respect everyone's opinion.. Was just hoping for a real life experience

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'm making no judgment on their quality or price.
Just saying I attempt to buy American and avoid buying chinese when I can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts