Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wondering if anyone has ever rolled there jeepand on the trail! Pics? And also how bad was the damage, did you roll it back over and keep going? This could get interesting! Let's hear your stories!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ibuildembig said:
Yup, rolled over on my side on slick rock/tellico about 8 years ago....still searching for the video. Winched it back over and drove on.
That's what I really wanted to know is u could drive on after you flip it back over

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
Twice with my first YJ, once climbing a snow hill and once climbing a sand hill. I was too overzealous with the skinny pedal and steered into some unstable ground both times. The sand one was very slow because I started sliding backward, caught the tire sideways and it just tipped end over end.The second I was going up something with too high an incline and ended up going end over end backward.

Denis

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
denisbaldwin said:
Twice with my first YJ, once climbing a snow hill and once climbing a sand hill. I was too overzealous with the skinny pedal and steered into some unstable ground both times. The sand one was very slow because I started sliding backward, caught the tire sideways and it just tipped end over end.The second I was going up something with too high an incline and ended up going end over end backward.

Denis
I hope you where ok after that! But sounds like a hell of a ride! Did you drive away from any of them?

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts
cakes - Drove away from both. The sand roll busted off a mirror, cracked the windshield and busted off a tail light but it drove right away. The other one in snow ripped the soft top and broke the bars holding the top on but otherwise was in good working condition.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
denisbaldwin said:
cakes - Drove away from both. The sand roll busted off a mirror, cracked the windshield and busted off a tail light but it drove right away. The other one in snow ripped the soft top and broke the bars holding the top on but otherwise was in good working condition.
That's a jeep! Hard core and built to make a beating!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
After rolling I would still do a good inspection of the frame, springs, steering, axles, brakes, rims and tires. Make sure you're still safe.

Then check oils and fluids
Make sure gas didn't get somewhere it can ignite.
Oh check you're passengers.
Then when you get home order a full welded roll cage.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Speedy4x4 said:
After rolling I would still do a good inspection of the frame, springs, steering, axles, brakes, rims and tires. Make sure you're still safe.

Then check oils and fluids
Make sure gas didn't get somewhere it can ignite.
Oh check you're passengers.
Then when you get home order a full welded roll cage.
The thing id be most worried bout is my hard top breaking and also broken glass comeing down on me from the windows

1 - 9 of 9 Posts