Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
Never tried one or seen one on the trail.
Looks to be yet another cheap Chinese winch on the market.
I have owned 2 Chinese winches.
They didn't work out so well for me.
A few friends in my club have had similar results also.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,389 Posts
Are you doing trails tough enough that you need to winch yourself or other Jeeps on a semi-regular basis? Or is a winch something that is just there thinking it may come in handy some day, or it's just there to look good? If it's the former, I wouldn't even consider those winches. If it's the latter, those Chinese imports would do the trick.

·
Registered
565 Posts
go Engo for an inexpensive winch that actually works

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was going to buy an Engo but read about others having trouble with the motor seizing up when they needed it. I just bought a warn m8000 off amazon there was a 50 dollar coupon and warn has a 75 dollar rebate on this winch now. Cost in the neighborhood of 470 and state sales tax . I'm supposing it's a good frequent use winch . Still about a buck more than the Engo.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I realize not everyone has extra discretionary $ to buy a Warn. But my reason for buying Warn is that I wanted a winch I KNEW would do the job when I needed to call upon it to do the job. Plus, I don't plan on buying another winch so buying a cheaper winch was, IMHO, a waste of $ if I'd end up having to buy more than one of them because of their sketchy dependability.

·
Detail Oriented
3,174 Posts
i've seen more than one jeeper who said he couldn't afford the extra cost of a warn but who did have enough $$$ to buy junk like smittybilt bumpers or $1000 stereos, bling wheels, etc.
Bingo!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts