Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New - old jeeper here. Never modified my old TJ sport bc it was a city jeep. Just got my 2013 JKUR and have a list:
1) RR mesh grill insert
2) Cibie H4 units with custom built harness to handle 100/90w bulbs
3) stubby bumper with light bar (although I hate to think of mis-matched bumpers & fenders
4) I want my left parking light to flash with turn signal
5) bilstein shocks and maybe an axel guard (gussets and sleeves)
6)...... Fill in the blank for me.......

So if I rewire (or have it done at a shop) the headlights, side lights, tinker with a axles / bumpers etc --- WILL I VOID MY WARRANTY????????

·
Registered
16,640 Posts
No it will not void your complete warranty. The only things that are voided will be what is replaced by aftermarket parts. So example. if you get blisten shocks, the warranty for your shocks will no longer be in effect through the factory as they aren't the factory shocks. Don't let anyone tell you that changing your shocks voids your whole warranty. There are Stealerships dumb enough to actually tell you that. It's just not true.

This goes the same for anything that is replaced by aftermarket parts. The warranty of the factory part becomes voided.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Yeah, if you do any of that you're totally screwed. Happened to one of the members here. I think his name is MTH. Shoot him a PM, he'll be glad to tell you what happened.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
daggo66 said:
Yeah, if you do any of that you're totally screwed. Happened to one of the members here. I think his name is MTH. Shoot him a PM, he'll be glad to tell you what happened.
^Look at this guy. :bottom: :rofl:

No coverage as to what is changed and no coverage as to anything damaged by what's changed, otherwise the warranty stays the same.

That's the rule even if the dealer does the mods or mopar parts are used. No coverage as to what is changed and no coverage as to anything damaged by what's changed.

·
Administrator
41,911 Posts
No coverage as to what is changed and no coverage as to anything damaged by what's changed, otherwise the warranty stays the same.

That's the rule even if the dealer does the mods or mopar parts are used. No coverage as to what is changed and no coverage as to anything damaged by what's changed.
:thumb:

I bought my '07 JKU last year and got the extended warranty. It was already lifted with 33's.
Four months to the day after I got it, I got what I thought at the time was a death wobble. I took it in and found they needed to replace the entire axle housing because the steering stabalizer bracket had broken off. I know it could have been welded but I got them to cover it with the warranty. They said I also needed an aftermarket adjustable track bar to prevent further problems and this wasn't covered.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Beastmaster said:
:thumb:

I bought my '07 JKU last year and got the extended warranty. It was already lifted with 33's.
Four months to the day after I got it, I got what I thought at the time was a death wobble. I took it in and found they needed to replace the entire axle housing because the steering stabalizer bracket had broken off. I know it could have been welded but I got them to cover it with the warranty. They said I also needed an aftermarket adjustable track bar to prevent further problems and this wasn't covered.
Double :thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts