Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a 2013 JK 2-dr Wrangler Sport.
I'm currently experiencing the following "issue" with my 130S/RES Uconnect radio:

Console USB Port reads USB drive every other time the car is started (regardless of USB brand or storage capacity, e.g. SanDisk 8GB, PNY 32GB).

Example:
Drive from house to gas station - music is played from USB.
Drive from gas station to store - "Device Empty" is displayed when attempting to play music from USB.
Drive from store to house - music is played from USB.

If the USB drive is removed from the port and reinserted when "Device Empty" is displayed, the music will be played from the USB.

Just started happening all of a sudden after months of proper functioning.

Has anyone experienced this?
Is a "hard reset" of Uconnect required?
Is an IOD fuse pull still the best way to perform a "hard reset?"
Other suggestions???

Many thanks in advance.

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
This is an odd one, I have never seen or heard of this kind of issue. You could pull the IOD fuse but I'd disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes then reconnect it and test the USB.

Hello,
I have a 2013 JK 2-dr Wrangler Sport.
I'm currently experiencing the following "issue" with my 130S/RES Uconnect radio:

Console USB Port reads USB drive every other time the car is started (regardless of USB brand or storage capacity, e.g. SanDisk 8GB, PNY 32GB).

Example:
Drive from house to gas station - music is played from USB.
Drive from gas station to store - "Device Empty" is displayed when attempting to play music from USB.
Drive from store to house - music is played from USB.

If the USB drive is removed from the port and reinserted when "Device Empty" is displayed, the music will be played from the USB.

Just started happening all of a sudden after months of proper functioning.

Has anyone experienced this?
Is a "hard reset" of Uconnect required?
Is an IOD fuse pull still the best way to perform a "hard reset?"
Other suggestions???

Many thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts