Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
myself and a couple of buddies want to go wheelin in ocala. but since its a few hours from us we figured we'd camp or stay in a hotel there, everyone concluded camping would be better so does anyone know of any camp sites in or around the Ocala National Forrest???

·
Registered
339 Posts
Take a look at Juniper Springs Campground. It's probably less than a mile from one of the entrances to the Jeep trails. We stayed there in a popup camper this Summer and had a blast!

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
perfect time of year to camp up there too. :thumb:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just about all of the natural spring camp grounds are good. Clean, patrolled, and if you have an hour or two, the diving is great. Diving=free diving/snorkling. Also cheap.

Quite a few bears, but they are small. Just don't leave too much food out.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Let me know when you go, im Florida as well, and have not been there yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
X2. What kind of trails are they! I also live in Florida now and thought the whole state was flat. Having driven the roads through it I do know its very scenic.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
myself and two of my buddies (another TJ and a JK) are going to be up there January first, second and third and the campsite i was looking at, that we'll probly end up staying at is Juniper Springs

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
Great camping near Santos, right next to some awesome mtn biking trails.
jeep trails are like that too. there's some elevation change and rocky areas... just have to look for them. :whistling:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Check Out Alexander Springs; it is a nice camp ground. It is roughing it a little there is no electric at the sites but they do have water and shower houses! Also real close to trails.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts