Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What it says above. Sunday. Any interest? West / north / south / east side, I am game.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
We're in! Where ya wanna go?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're in! Where ya wanna go?
O.P.,

Well, you're at Pahrump, so I'm more than copacetic to working the west side.

North side of 167: Carpenter Canyon / Lovell Canyon Rd areas? Wheeler's?
South side of 167: Potosi (either east or west side) to Goodsprings Mining District?
SW side of Vegas: Tie Rod Canyon (east of Goodsprings/just west of Sloan)?

Otherwise, Boulder City has Burro Wash down to the river or there is some nice stuff down at Nelson's / El Dorado Canyon area.

Any of those pique your interest?

Rachel wants to go along, so I just need to be back to SW Henderson by 1-2pm as she has something else at 4.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Pick a trip and we'll show up. Time and location please...

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let's do some Potosi exploration.

0830 meetup at the Hwy 160 / Mount Potosi Canyon Road intersection (green waypoint pin on the map below / Boy Scout Camp road). I'll be monitoring channel 19 until we link up and switch off it.

I figure we can do a counter clockwise circuit around the mountain with a bit of exploring (trail shows on the map, so...) on the south and east sides. Come back up Cottonwood and get dumped back out on 160. There are also the mining districts NW and SE of Goodsprings if we get bored silly (I've done both of those areas). We should be off the trails by 1200-1300.

Anyone else that wants to come out, feel free. Any level of Wrangler / equipment is fine for this one as the technical will have to actively be sought out and Brian and I come pretty well stocked otherwise.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Sounds good! We may hold off with lunch and get some vittles in Vegas after the run. I like the plan as I'll get to show you an open route almost nobody uses... FS 800.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Done. Great ride as the scenery and flowers were off the hook. Posting photos/trail specifics to the Trail Ride thread for any others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts