Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my 2008 Jk Sahara (now 112k miles) about six months ago. I've started to experience the starting issues related to the transmission safety switch, no big deal really. A more annoying problem is my headlights will turn on and doors unlock on their own. Also this will happen if I shake the key fob. While having lunch with my wife the other day, I watched this happen (keys lying on the table) three separate times. My jeep has no major upgrades or after market electronics/lighting. Anyone had this issue?

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
Start by running an extra 4ga ground wire direct from the battery negative terminal to the alternator bracket.. Bad grounds can cause an unbelievable amount of problems..

·
Gone Fishin
403 Posts
Rather than run a new wire, pull the battery terminals off and clean them with an easily found and cheap terminal cleaner. The body connections are likely fine as they are torqued down tighter than the connections on the battery.

Doesn't hurt to spray a little anti-corrosion spray on the battery terminals while you are there.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
The ground connections themselves are fine, its the ground straps that deteriorate. Especial up north where they use salt on the roads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Always start at the beginning ..... the neg battery terminal connection... keep it clean and tight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts