Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All -

I've been looking at either the i109-WRA or perhaps a 4200NEX - I'm leaning towards the i109 - my main concern is being able to stream video and also use the factory USB in the center console.

Anyone know if they both support that?

Thanks!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hey All -

I've been looking at either the i109-WRA or perhaps a 4200NEX - I'm leaning towards the i109 - my main concern is being able to stream video and also use the factory USB in the center console.

Anyone know if they both support that?

Thanks!
for that money it should support FLAC... i would go with 8200NEX for less money... you can wire the factory USB port to the radio.. there's an install video somewhere that shows the trick for doing this.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
for that money it should support FLAC... i would go with 8200NEX for less money... you can wire the factory USB port to the radio.. there's an install video somewhere that shows the trick for doing this.
Never thought of that but excellent point. Looks like the Pioneer has more RMS power as well - so based on your reply and what I'm read with the power specs I'm leaning towards the Pioneer now..actually the AVIC-8200NEX

I'd like to also replace the horrible speakers - anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

My Build Plans:

• ADS iDatalink Maestro CH1 Chrysler Installation Harness for use with Maestro RR by Idatalink
  • USB Host Cable mini B male to USB A female OTG by Atomic Market
  • Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX In Dash Double Din DVD CD Navigation Receiver with 7" Touchscreen
  • Jeep Wrangler ADJUSTABLE OE Fit Backup Camera System for Aftermarket Monitors
  • Metra 40-EU10 Antenna to Radio Adapter Cable for Select 2002-Up BMW/Volkswagen Vehicles
  • Metra 95-6511 Chrysler/Jeep DDIN 2007 Dash Kit
  • iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR Factory Integration Adapter
Any key items I may be missing?

·
Registered
660 Posts
a lot of good quality speaker choices out there.. I personally like JBL Components.. If you are going to go as far as replacing speakers,, may as well consider next step and go with a good Amp. There is never an end to car audio stuff, you can really get wrapped into it.. I would search this forum well on this subject. Lots of info and i think everyone here as tried something different. Good Luck.

·
Registered
997 Posts
W/o a doubt get a amp, in a noisy vehicle like these the stock power levels of any receiver is worthless.

I would also go play with kenwood's receivers. This past week I went to a few shops and prefer the kenwood over the others. If I had the money I would go with the top end alpine but that's $4k :(

Speaker wise there are countless excellent brands. Are you buying from local audio stores or doing everything online and installing yourself?

If I was doing a new system Audiofrog and Hybrid Audio would be at the top of my list. it really boils down to your budget :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
W/o a doubt get a amp, in a noisy vehicle like these the stock power levels of any receiver is worthless.

I would also go play with kenwood's receivers. This past week I went to a few shops and prefer the kenwood over the others. If I had the money I would go with the top end alpine but that's $4k :(

Speaker wise there are countless excellent brands. Are you buying from local audio stores or doing everything online and installing yourself?

If I was doing a new system Audiofrog and Hybrid Audio would be at the top of my list. it really boils down to your budget :)
I plan on doing it all myself - I added a kicker amp (PWRA something) and while good, it wasn't all that impressive with the 730N. So now I want something that can use the stock USB in the center console, supports CarPlay and DVDs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts