Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered the falcon 2.1 2.5"-3.5" shocks in standard not sport and I am looking at a lift kit without shocks and I am heavily leaning towards the Metalcloak 2.5 overland elite without shocks because of the fullness of the lift. I was hoping to hearing anyones thoughts about this combo that has installed it? Thanks! or if you have installed the falcon 2.1 shocks on another lift. I will be wheeling this probably 90/10 DD/off road.

:Thanx:

·
Super Moderator
16,386 Posts
Generally speaking, the Rocksport and OME shocks that are normally paired with the MC springs are softer on the damping scale. The Falcon 2.1 is also a softer damped shock...

That should be a good combination.

Reactions: 07hiliner

·
Registered
745 Posts
Generally speaking, the Rocksport and OME shocks that are normally paired with the MC springs are softer on the damping scale. The Falcon 2.1 is also a softer damped shock...

That should be a good combination.
I ordered the falcon 2.1 2.5"-3.5" shocks in standard not sport and I am looking at a lift kit without shocks and I am heavily leaning towards the Metalcloak 2.5 overland elite without shocks because of the fullness of the lift. I was hoping to hearing anyones thoughts about this combo that has installed it? Thanks! or if you have installed the falcon 2.1 shocks on another lift. I will be wheeling this probably 90/10 DD/off road.

:Thanx:
Very interested in this, as I like the falcons and the OME/not long travel shocks the most.

I just installed the MC 2.5, with a 1 inch front spacer. ARB bumper bogged down the front end, MC springs held the weight good. Now I just want to be level. Got the rear ARB now.

Pressure, can you list the order, in which you think, the every diff options of falcons and OME/reg not long travel in terms of firm to soft on a scale of 1-10. Maybe add fox and other as example of where shocks are at to compare.

I have MC 2.5 and I think there considered firm.

10/firm-
9-
8-
7-
6-
5-
4-
3-
2-
1softest-

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shocks are in transit along with the Nexus steering stabilizer and Ace Eng rear bumper w/ tire carrier... Come on UPS!! I fear it might not be until October until I get the lift and put it all together as I wanna nitro sleeve my front D44 and put in chromoly axleshafts. I also have 137K on my JKR so I figured I should put in ball joints preemptively. The last thing would be some armor and off to Rausch!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts