Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I had looked at jeeps off and on for years. The other day me and the Mrs. pass a dealership and thought hmmm! lets go look... :thumb:
She see's the Mojave and her and the youngun jump in!

Does anyone have one? And what are your thoughts?

Going to be tough to part with the diesel and 5th wheel but for now they are dust colectors! Darn work gets in the way of fun :whistling:

I know the Rubi is what folks will reccomend but I am looking at roughly 30k vs 37k for the 2012 Rubi. Killer deals out there for the 2011.

Thank you for looking.:Thanx:

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Surprisingly, this question just got asked, and I'd provide the same response today. Here's the dialogue:

I narrowed it down to a 2012 Sport or 2011 Mojave (love the grey rims).
[A]t this point I think it'd be pretty foolish to buy a pre-2012 unless you at least test-drive both. Going with the Mojave would be passing up on a lot of hp and torque just for some lizard decals. :crazy:

There are very few things about a Mojave you couldn't add aftermarket for the same "look" for much less money. I'd go 2012 with the new engine, almost no question.
A Rubicon may or may not be right for you. But I would think very carefully at this point before choosing a 2011 merely because you prefer the decaling and other styling doodads that are easily replicated aftermarket.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent advice Mike!
The only pro I was looking at was cost! I think the lizard novelty will wear off fast!
Some of the colors for the 2012 rock!

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
IMO the Mojave is one of the best looking Jeeps. Matching paint, grey wheels and beefy tires. I would remove the decals.
By all means, don't let me discourage you from getting the Jeep YOU want. I'm just offering a few comments for perspective. Back in 2010, I picked up a "Mountain Edition" because, in my view, it was the best looking stock jeep. (Here's a stock one of those.)

Now . . . .

"Matching paint"? You mean the body color fenders and hardtop? Body color fenders have always been and continue to be standard on a Sahara, the body color top option came out for the Sahara in 2011. For 2012, you can get body color top and fenders for both the Rubicon and the Sahara.

"Grey wheels." Those are the same ones that came on my Mountain Edition. They are nice, and have since come on the Mojave and the Call of Duty editions. You can dupicate them with the standard Rubicon wheels or the upgraded Sport wheels and some mineral grey wheel paint from Advanced Auto Parts. I'm not kidding--they are in fact the same wheels just painted grey. That's it.

"Beefy tires." Those are the same tires that come on the Rubicon. You can also order them as an option for a Sport.

Please understand--I'm not knocking the Mojave. Like I said, I have a special edition too. There's nothing wrong with them. Just understand it's "lipstick" to the same underlying Jeep. And with the flexibility in ordering a new Jeep plus the massive aftermarket for Wranglers, you can generally add all of that stuff afterwards.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
MTH said:
By all means, don't let me discourage you from getting the Jeep YOU want. I'm just offering a few comments for perspective. Back in 2010, I picked up a "Mountain Edition" because, in my view, it was the best looking stock jeep. (Here's a stock one of those.)

Now . . . .

"Matching paint"? You mean the body color fenders and hardtop? Body color fenders have always been and continue to be standard on a Sahara, the body color top option came out for the Sahara in 2011. For 2012, you can get body color top and fenders for both the Rubicon and the Sahara.

"Grey wheels." Those are the same ones that came on my Mountain Edition. They are nice, and have since come on the Mojave and the Call of Duty editions. You can dupicate them with the standard Rubicon wheels or the upgraded Sport wheels and some mineral grey wheel paint from Advanced Auto Parts. I'm not kidding--they are in fact the same wheels just painted grey. That's it.

"Beefy tires." Those are the same tires that come on the Rubicon. You can also order them as an option for a Sport.

Please understand--I'm not knocking the Mojave. Like I said, I have a special edition too. There's nothing wrong with them. Just understand it's "lipstick" to the same underlying Jeep. And with the flexibility in ordering a new Jeep plus the massive aftermarket for Wranglers, you can generally add all of that stuff afterwards.
Well explained :thumb:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Makes sense to me...
I need to go drive both! I wonder what kind of stomach the salesman has?

·
Registered
4 Posts
my family and I were looking at both, we decided on a 2011 rubicon... it was the best option for us... that said i think the Mojave one of the best looking jeeps (after the lizard sticker is taken off!) love the leather seats and dark wheels!

·
Registered
53 Posts
My wife bought a Mojave, 2 door, black on black. SHE LOVES IT! She would be a huge lizard fan, and it has all the things she was looking for when she bought the jeep less 7k difference from the Rubicon.

On that note, the Lizard stickers are coming off, and I think once thats done I think the Lizard haters will like the change.....

Beach

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am thinking it was the black on black leather thing more than the lizards that the girls liked!
Me, as long as it gets all my gear to the range. Life is good!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Some of you Mojave folks need to post pics. They've been asked about several times, but they're pretty rarely seen around here. (Hint hint.)
Here are some pics I found. I have seen the white in person, really love how the white and black work together. The leather is different vs the rubicon. Really need to see it in person.

http://pictures.dealer.com/r/ronsayerscdjcllc/1880/1f35dc0e0a0d02b7012a78eea7c9db7b.jpg

http://pictures.dealer.com/r/ronsayerscdjcllc/1936/1f3608630a0d02b7012a78ee0d89fd53.jpg

http://pictures.dealer.com/r/ronsayerscdjcllc/0950/1f362b460a0d02b7012a78ee1899d6af.jpg

http://pictures.dealer.com/r/ronsayerscdjcllc/0775/1f3724ba0a0d02b7012a78ee25a59f90.jpg

I take more pictures of it with the top off.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts