Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Let us know how it works. I agree that racing shocks are not known for being smooth and are way overkill for the street.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Which Fox shock did you order? I have Fox 2.0 Res shocks and would respectfully disagree with the prior posters: at least when compared against a "basic" aftermarket shock or the stock shocks. I've ridden back to back in a Jeep with a basic Billstein shock vs. my Fox and there is a difference on the street. Not on a smooth surface necessarily- but on crappy roads (at any speed.) They are indeed most noticeable on a trail- between the Fox shocks and TF bump stops my ride is significantly improved at anything other than crawling speed. Some people may not care about the combo (trail & road) and for those a less expensive, but upgraded shock, may be a better alternative.
One note- it does take awhile for the Fox to break in. Don't panic- the ride was spine-shattering for the first hundred miles or so. Fox will tell you they have to break in- and they do.
Since Fox came up- they are releasing an adjustable steering stabilizer. Saw it at SEMA- really cool idea.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
our fox shocks are really really stiff in comparison to the majority of the other shock companies.
Really? Did you put them on your (newer) JK? Just wondering how long you've had them on.
Maybe I am just used to them. Or my spine has collapsed a little.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I am running Fox 2.0's and a TeraFlex 2.5" coil kit, on my 2012 JK. It rides great on and off road.

I never really knew about the break in period on the shocks, but now that you mention it... Hard to tell if it actually "broke in" or I have just become used to the ride...? Either way I have no regrets.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Shocks make a difference on road or off If you want to admit that or not

Now I have fox res 2.0 tuned on the softer side and with 175 psi and I love the ride even with the 37 and the stiff springs

The ride I had before the shocks was like driving a little red wagon , I felt everything and it hurt your body after being in it

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
teraflex racing fox shocks.. thanks for all the help. hope its a lil better at least

ForumRunner_20121108_215112.png

·
Registered
87 Posts
glad ya like the shocks
be sure to check for clearance between the tire and res of the shock when turning and rolling over stuff i have had to adjust mine a bunch of times and still get slight contact at extreme turns and bumps off road
i have found it usefull to push the res all the way to the top of the shock seems to keep them out of the way
and after a few thousand miles they ride even better i have about 3000 on mine now and absoleluty love them

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea figured it would. that's how i did mine pushed all the way up and in as far as i could get em. got a 4" superlift on 35s so hope i don't have any problems.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Foxx shocks rock, extremely smooth ride!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts