Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen everything from Bluetooth controlled to simple RGB lights. Anyone have a brand they trust? What colors can they change to?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I just ordered a 8pcs Bluetooth controls RGB w apparently 15M color combos, for $99 from AliExpress.com figured I would do wheel wells, grill, front footwell and maybe one in tailgate or above it (I have ORH cargo top)

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
I haven't done multi color rock lights, but I started out with simple LED strips from Walmart/autozone whatever...

Just recently I shelled out the $$for the LUX rock light package. Fantastic quality and most of the work is done for you. They come with preattached 14' triple insulated leads and a power module.

I did I write up in my build thread if you want to check that out. I think that when I ordered they were looking at doing some RBG pods possibly. Expensive but hand made in the USA and excellent quality!

Joe

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I haven't done multi color rock lights, but I started out with simple LED strips from Walmart/autozone whatever...

Just recently I shelled out the $$for the LUX rock light package. Fantastic quality and most of the work is done for you. They come with preattached 14' triple insulated leads and a power module.

I did I write up in my build thread if you want to check that out. I think that when I ordered they were looking at doing some RBG pods possibly. Expensive but hand made in the USA and excellent quality!

Joe

How strong is the magnet on those? Once I get my SPOD I was going to order them

·
Premium Member
1,551 Posts
How strong is the magnet on those? Once I get my SPOD I was going to order them
It is pretty freakin strong. I actually am using the rear bumper drivers side one to hold my hitch wiring plug since my new bumper didn't have a place to hold the plug. When you put them in place, there's a definite "thunk" when you release the light pod. They aren't going anywhere.

Check out my build for some pictures.

Joe

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I was thinking about color changing rock LED's but decided to go with Rigid 6 piece rock lights so I have all Rigid lighting. Happy with the quality and install of everything and the amount of light they put out is awesome. I might add 1 more LED on the front center and another rear center to fill in the less lit zones in the future, but these LED's are powerful. The only other rock light LED I was considering were the LUX rock light.

Really happy with these, these pics don't do the lights justice, they look brighter in person. :bop:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I bought these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TT7RWYC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1. They have good reviews. I like that the are encased in aluminum tracks to better protect them under the vehicle. Install was pretty easy after mounting and running the wire. It comes with option to plug in to 12v with a switch or direct to battery. I had them wired to come on and off with the dome light and via a separate switch. You can do solid colors, color fading into other colors, color strobe (except in red and blue), and color that beats to music which is pretty cool. They sell an interior kit as well and I also have that. Here are a couple pics of some of the colors. It come with a key chain fob and a mini remote also to switch between modes and colors

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts