Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody has any pictures of these on their rigs? They look good and I'm debating on which one to get. They are priced really good.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Nobody has any pictures of these on their rigs? They look good and I'm debating on which one to get. They are priced really good.
I have this one ..
<LI class=content>51-0029L
87-06 Jeep Wrangler YJ/TJ Xtreme Front Bumper with LED Lights

First off, I would call and make sure its fits your year of TJ.
I had to do some slight modifying to the front fender to make it fit.
I dont have pics right now, as soon as I get home from work I can post a couple.
If you decide to buy it, you will love it, looks awesome and is very tough.:thumb:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what does the pricing look like and where are you buying from. I'm a few days away from buying front/back and rock sliders. Was planning to go with Smittybilt XRC because it looks badass and all fits together (form and function). All told i'm looking at $776 shipped from Morris 4x4

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bighamms, The Bumper In TheFirst Pic I Posted Is Listed At$286 Plus Shipping, Second Pic Was$246. I Have Found Them At Summit Racing And A Place Called CarID.Com.

·
Registered
153 Posts
NICE. they look like solid products. I'm a bit confused though regarding winch mounting. This bumpers look like they slide over an existing bumper. i don't see how you would mount a winch and don't recall seeing optional winch plates. I went to the paramount site, but my network is sluggish today, so it wouldn't load any pics

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what the description said, it said it had an integral plate built in. So you shouldn't have to buy a winch plate.

·
Registered
153 Posts
i just emailed the company and requested install instructions via pdf (seems to be available for most of the other products i've looked at). Once I get it, i'll forward you a copy.

·
Registered
921 Posts
From what the description said, it said it had an integral plate built in. So you shouldn't have to buy a winch plate.
No winch plate needed, ita all built in. It mounts to the frame using the existing bolts.
I have a 2005. I had to do a little dremel work to make them fit, but nothing major.

·
Registered
153 Posts
EXCELLENT... i like the look of this one. I was going to go with the XRC but the added light protection on this one is a major plus. @ brit... did you go with paramount front and rear? Would you mind snapping off a pic or 3

·
Registered
921 Posts
EXCELLENT... i like the look of this one. I was going to go with the XRC but the added light protection on this one is a major plus. @ brit... did you go with paramount front and rear? Would you mind snapping off a pic or 3
Yeah I got the combo front and rear (w/ tire carrier) for around $750

As soon as i get done with work, 8pm est I will snap a few pics and post them up for you :punk:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd like to see the pics also. I ended up ordering the 51-0029 earlier, it was $332 with shipping. Ships out on the 12th, why does it have to take so long!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@Brit Nick, I hope like hell mine fits. I won't be cutting my fender! Maybe cut a little off the bumper. I guess I'll hace to see when it gets here. I really like the looks of it though, I got one without the leds.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Good luck. Post up some pics for us when you get it :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finally getting around to posting some pics up of my bumper. I had some trouble getting it to line up right, nothing a little a little grinding out of the bolt holes couldn't fix. Other than that it's built well and the welds look good. It's tough as hell, so much stronger than the old tube bumper that was on it before. I'm pleased with it and it looks great, it'll look even better when my kc's get here tuesday:). Winch is in the works also, gotta get the bank back up lol.

ForumRunner_20130928_144011.jpg

ForumRunner_20130928_144039.jpg

ForumRunner_20130928_144116.jpg

ForumRunner_20130928_144138.jpg

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh, I did not have to trim any of my fenders for it to fit thanks to drilling out the holes a little. I don't think I could have cut red up!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts