Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning my system out and want to keep the stock head unit. What I dont understand is how the stock speakers are wired?
Is the head unit powering all 8 speakers individually?
Is there a way to optimize a system using all the stock locations?
If I were to put a coaxial In the sound bar, what would the tweeter next to it do?

·
Registered
396 Posts
As far as I can tell, The tweeters are wired to the respective speaker channels with a simple LC high-pass filter. Its a capacitor and inductor wired inline to cut out the low frequencies.

Wait, 8 speakers? Does the rear soundbar have tweeters too? then, thats probably how they are wired too.

What do you mean coaxial, Antenna? Cable?

Here is a general chrysler wiring color code reference

Attached is a 2009 Sahara wiring diagram. Obviously its even more confusing, but you can confirm come of the wire colors with it

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I can tell, The tweeters are wired to the respective speaker channels with a simple LC high-pass filter. Its a capacitor and inductor wired inline to cut out the low frequencies.

Wait, 8 speakers? Does the rear soundbar have tweeters too? then, thats probably how they are wired too.

What do you mean coaxial, Antenna? Cable?

Here is a general chrysler wiring color code reference

Attached is a 2009 Sahara wiring diagram. Obviously its even more confusing, but you can confirm come of the wire colors with it
Thanks for the info. A coaxial speaker just means it has a tweeter mounted in the center of the woofer, as opposed to components which have them seperated. Sounds like if i put coaxials in the soundbar, I can just disconnect the factory tweeter wiring.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
The front and rear tweeters are are wired in parallel the associated 6.75" speakers. I replaced all 8 speakers in my '15 while I just replaced the just the front tweeters and the soundbar 6.75's in my wife's '18. In both jeeps I used 77kick10's and 77lick25ab's for plug & play. Just so you know, I also bought an amp (Alpine KTP-445U) for mine but when I put in the new head unit I have so much more volume that I'm now thinking that I don't really need it. When I take the wife's top off next month it may go in hers.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts