Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 3.5" lift from them and I received a 2.5" when I looked on my order form I noticed it was a 3.25" lift.

So far kinda annoyed at the lack of attention to detail, but the price was decent and I have heard good reviews.

Does anyone currently have a lift on?

I'm running 33" MT Baja Claws, with 17x9 Procomp's and bushwacker fender flares.

Any suggestions on any other lifts? I will be going mudding, snow, sand, and sometimes trailin but nothing too bad.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've read a lot of reviews with ppl saying rc sent or didn't send the right stuff I had one in my xj. Wasn't that bad. I'm going to try a different one in my tj. I've read good things about teraflex

·
Registered
59 Posts
I am running a rc 2.5 lift on my jk so far I haven't had any problems. I read a lot of negative reviews but most of them were from people that were not even running their kits. I decided for the price I would give them a shot and so far I can't find anything negative to say about them. I do not do any real aggressive wheeling so for my needs and price point rough country can't be beat.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
You get what you pay for with RC, it's probably OK because you don't expect to do much hardcore off roading. Just check the joints and driveline on a regular basis for wear an play.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have a friend that has a 4" RC lift. It was ordered through a shop so she got the right one. I will say that the ride is pretty squirrelly due to the lack of adjustable CA's and track bars.

I can't say its a terrible ride but it's nothing like my RK setup...big $$ difference. What I'd recommend is, if you go RC, get their coil setup, buy rancho 9000 shocks and buy adjustable CA and track bars. Again, the ride isn't terrible since the money was nothing for the lift but you definitely get what you pay for.

·
Registered
116 Posts
. Any suggestions on any other lifts? I will be going mudding, snow, sand, and sometimes trailin but nothing too bad.
I have a TeraFlex 3 inch with full 8 CA's, and it's epic. I paired the lift with the fox shocks, and it couldn't ride any better. My buddy has a 4 inch RC lift, and like previously stated earlier, it could be better. Rides wayyy to much like a boat for me, its incredibly soft with the "Performance Series 2.0 shock" or whatever it's called. I would take a look at TF's stuff, and i've heard really good things about Rock Krawler stuff, as well as AEV lifts.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
79 Posts
Michael, I just pulled up the order you placed online. It was for the Perf693, 3.25 kit. If you meant to choose the 608S 3.5 inch kit, let me know. You can return the Perf693 up to 90 days from 08/25/14.

Thanks,
Gaston

·
Registered
92 Posts
Love my rough country lift. Super tough, great ride and stellar customer service.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the RC 2.5 inch lift with springs & their shocks on my JK with the Terraflex adjustable track bars on both ends. I'm running 35's and so far I've had no issues but my off-road so far since installing the lift is wooded trails and some sand dunes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts