Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am trying to work with Jeep Cares and my dealership to get my Jeep repaired. It’s 8,000 miles over warranty but as the person at the dealership told me it is possibly a manufacturer defect. This has been frustrating because the dealership quoted me for the repair gasket and head replacement $2300. I said jeep Cares was supposed to help me. Well then they called me and gave me a higher price for the repairs and told me I would have to pay upfront and possibly be reimbursed minus a deductible amount. The dealership called me back with that same price now, but I was like wait a minute I was quoted $1000 less for the same repair on Monday?!? Now I am getting contacted by other friends that had worked with Chrysler warranty at 108,000 miles and they got their repairs done with no problems on their 2016. They did not have to pay anything for the repair.
The only reason why I went to the dealership is because my mechanics I were working with were aware of issues with the head gasket failure. I contacted Jeep Cares and they had me bring it to the dealership..the first calls with them it really sounded like they would help me with this issue. I do not know if they think that I am just a girl and I don’t know anything.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,051 Posts
First, don't expect anything from anyone, especially a multi-national corporation. Educate yourself first. There are no "known" head gasket issues. There are other issues that have recalls like:

Don't believe the hype of he said, she said. Dealerships are not your friends. @JeepCares can be of help. They will require a definitive diagnosis by a dealership of whqt the issue is. Once determined, they may, or probably will not be of any help. Oh, and by the way, you get to pay for the inspection by the dealership regardless of whether @JeepCares determines they will intervene.

@JeepCares helped me wit one thing but not another when I was 600 miles out of warranty. My wiper motor took a shit, but hasn't been used from about 52k miles onward due to a huge dry spell here in Texas. Paid the fee to the dealership for the diagnosis and @JeepCares said, sorry. Piss off.

At the same time, my oil cooler housing cracked. I replaced it myself and they agreed to refund the price of the cooler because I bought it from a dealer. But it is a known issue with more than 5,000 of them on national backorder.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I worked for a Chrysler Dealership after I retired for Chevrolet. I did service accounting for that dealership, I can tell you the Service Mgr. has the power to override the warranty time period if he feel that it is for customer satisfaction with both Chrysler (Jeep) and the same was true with Chevrolet. Usually the time period was extended to 48,000 miles and 4 years and all the SM had to do was put his/her signature on the repair order with the authorization code. I will say here that this authorization was usually only given to customers that purchased said vehicle from them and was done to keep them as customers. If you are dealing with a different dealer then where it was purchased, he may not be willing to do this. I will say all manufactures has a different feeling on this, I purchased a Honda Ridgeline and at 6 years 51,000 miles) old the rear main seal started leaking, I called Honda (Customer Service) and explained my problem, I was very nice and guess what, they replaced the rear main seal at no charge to me. I does pay to be nice where talking to CS, as they have the power to OK, or NOT. Getting piss-off usually gets you nothing and if that's what you did then you may have blew it for yourself.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,051 Posts
Most Stealerships I have dealt with hire mental midgets as their first line of customer contact, which makes the chance of getting effective help, limited. Here in BFE West Texas, the dealer where I bought mine has a LONG track record of lawsuits and service related issues. The other one in town... is owned by the first one. So for me, its either deal with one of them, drive 45 mins to the next one or DIY.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My case was actually escalated out of Jeep Cares to corporate. I will see what will happen then. The issue that the guy at the dealership and my mechanics stated has to do more with the bolts on the head in particular that ultimately can cause a blown head gasket. The issue with being quoted one price on Monday and another later in the week was frustrating, but it was more than likely an issue of miscommunication at the dealership.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts