Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Rampage frameless top (the included instructions are worthless) and I have a large gap between the tailgate and rear window. Definitely not rain proof. The rest of the top is fitted tightly and looks correct.
I'm assuming I need a part to go across the back of the tailgate, but I'm not sure what. Anybody know what I'm missing here?

Pic: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
That's exactly what you need for your top. I currently have one but the seals are torn so I don't use it...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I ordered that part number from E-Bay and they sent the wrong one (for the JK with the plastic mounts).

Quadratec says I need to re-use the "original belt rail mounts" if I install their bar. My rail mounts look like this: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Would those work or do I need order even more crap?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
That looks right.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I just bought and installed mine. My rear window zipper ripped during installation. I'm currently trying to contact them for a replacement rear window. I did warm it up in the hot interior of the jeep for 5 hours with the windows rolled up on an 80 degree day first too.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Nothing's made well anymore. I'm working on a trailer from the 50s now. Sat outside for years. The only rust is surface rust, and it sands right off.

My frame from the 90s has rotted in nearly a dozen places.

Even the best tops last a couple years before they shit the bed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the reviews for the Rampage top aren't great. It only lasts a year or two, if it doesn't rip during installation that is. The $500 price tag is ridiculous for that. I got mine 'used' (open box) for half price, otherwise I wouldn't buy one. It does look bad ass, though.

I've had a Best Top on it for 3 years. It's out in the elements 24/7/365 in Pennsylvania summer and winter and it's still like new minus some scuff marks on the windows.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts