Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please... I still cannot get the back seat to tumble, it folds but won't tumble. If someone would take a couple photos of the mechanism while the seat is out and folded, and one of it with the back up in the locked position, maybe I could see better what has to move so I can get it to unlatch and tumble. I would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I will after work if no one has. Mine just has a handle on the seat that released a spring and hook allowing it to fold and tumble. It just sits on two pins in bracket holes in the front. What year is yours?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Once mine folds it just pushes up and forward to tumble. Sounds like you got it, just push?

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
On my 2000 sport there is a little black leaver on the bottom left (driver side) and i just lift up on it and it folds the back down then i just lift on the bottom of the seat and it folds (tumbles) forward in to the back of the front seats.

·
Registered
839 Posts
here u go. first one is of the seat lifted up but the back still upright. and the second is folded and tumbled. my guess would be that (if urs is the same as mine) your linkage that would conects the release tab is broken or needs some wd40. cause theres a lil bar that when the seat folds foward it shifts away and comes off the the floor bracket.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Appreciate the responses... Mine is a 2003...
Thanks Coop for taking the time, It looks like there are 3 pieces that actually make contact with the mount in your photo and the center one is the only one that moves.. I only can see 2 on mine (from behind the seat) and one looks plastic. Does that coil spring on the side hold it 'locked' down? I can't see if mine has that. Wonder if there is a difference between your 06 and my 03...

·
Registered
839 Posts
oh well mines actually a 05 and i had an 04 b4 that was exactly the same and jeep changed models in 2003-06 so theres a good chance that they are the same. ima go back and take another pic of the linkage im talkin about that moves the latch.

·
Registered
839 Posts
outlined in yellow is the linkage im talking about so if ur seat goes foward but doesnt tumble thats the linkage that connects the back of the seat to the lower bracket that would/should release it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
03-06 are the same. The piece (clamp) circled is the part that has to release the floor mount and is the piece that I had to grind. The spring pulls up on the clamp so it clears the floor mount. I just remembered, I also had a problem that the spring came unhooked from the clamp. I had to pry it back on but as I indicated it still did not pull the clamp up enough.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I took a little off this front area. Note, it was only one side of mine that would not release. One side of the seat clearly did release on it's own.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Back Seat Tumbling issue

The photos in the previous posts are great. I had the same problem and the seat finally came out. One of the things I noticed now that I have the seat out, is that there is a piece of the rear seat cover that goes under the level that retracts the two hooks when the seat back is put down. If this material were to get aou of place a bit, it could bunch up under the lever and prevent the arm from moving all the way into position to completely retract the hooks. I also found a bunch of change on the floor near the mechanism. My hing mechanism is pretty rusty and cruddy, so now that I have the seat out, I'll take the bracket off the seat and take a wire brushto it. Clean it up and maybe get some type of rust inhibitorr spray. It is really obvious how it works once you can see the mechanism, but it is a bear trying to figure it out when it is in the car and you can't easily see what it looks like. I am attaching a PDF file with my set of pictures and notes, but they aren't quite as good as previously posted. Keep us posted with your progress. It doesn't look like my pdf uploaded. You could e-mail me directly at [email protected] and I'll send you the PDF file with the pics I took.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts