Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed several hours out of town and will be camping over Memorial Day weekend. I'm planning on ditching my doors and top and leaving them with my tent, etc. Are there locks that can be placed in the pin holes? Any other tricks to ensure that when I return from exploring that all my parts will still be there?

Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
31 Posts
Maybe just get a bike lock and put it through the window openings and wrap around a tree. The bike lock could be cut, but better than nothing...

·
Registered
638 Posts
I don't know how a JK works but on my YJ the interior door handle DOES NOT unlock the door. I have permanently removed the ability to lock/unlock the doors inside but retain full locking function in the Key exterior.

I don't need to lock from the INSIDE of my Jeep cause I'm usually topless or have a softop on. I mean what would be the point?

But when I leave the Jeep out of my sight with the doors on, I can lock the door with my key and they can't steal it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Maybe just get a bike lock and put it through the window openings and wrap around a tree. The bike lock could be cut, but better than nothing...
^^^This at a minimum.
Parts aren't cheap and the world is cruel. Anyone could sell a set of doors or one at a time.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Are you asking about the Pin Locks just so that if someone took them they wouldn't be able to use them? If that's the case, they are going to take them either way. They will think "I can get these off once I get them back to my house." And if they can't, they will just throw the doors in a ditch or something. It won't keep them from taking them to begin with.

Or maybe I'm just totally misinterpreting your question...?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct. I know I'm not the first person to leave their doors and top behind. Looking for ideas to dissuade a wouldbe thief.

I agree that a pin lock is designed to prevent doors from being taken while installed.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Doors and tops get stolen. I wouldn't take them off and leave them unattended at any campsite, no matter how remote.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Or you could, get a soft top (they easily folded down and out of the way) and just bring along your doors with you. Wrap them in moving blankets so they dont get damaged and tie them down in the back of your jeep. Problem solved

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've seen this quite a few times where the jeep doors are left in camp or at a trail head. You never know what scum might come by though. If ya have full hard doors, I'd roll the windows down and run a python cable and lock thru them and around a tree....as others have said!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts