Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
357 Posts
Not sure how they can make the claim that the cover keeps things secured. Out of sight yes - but secured no.

There are many similar products, yet they say they are the first. I like the product but don't trust the seller based on their "claims".

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure how they can make the claim that the cover keeps things secured. Out of sight yes - but secured no.

There are many similar products, yet they say they are the first. I like the product but don't trust the seller based on their "claims".
Can you link me to a cover such as this that does not use the outer rails (like the soft top sides do) to hold it in place. I'm not interested in a rigid piece made out of steel or wood. Just a cover to hide.... not necessarily to secure.
Thanks

·
Registered
357 Posts
I am not familiar with all of the different options; I'm tempted to order one of these. Not for security but to simply keep things from blowing around.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think that their claim of "secured" may be mis-used, but I do like the concept. Basically it is the same thing as any SUV-type cargo cover for the rear space. I actually like this very much...not because I think it will keep some lazy dumbass who doesn't want a real job and who wants to steal from those of us who earn what we have (ok...rant over...), but because it will block view of what I have in the cargo area of the Jeep. It's a thumbs-up from me...but the used of "secured" is a thumbs-down.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Details? Looks like a very nice addition and well-made...
I'd be very interested in details as well. I'm looking for something to keep some water out of the back when the soft top is on but windows are out. Also keep prying eyes off whatever is back there.

I thought about trying the Bestop duster deck cover or something similar and just leaving the rear corners not attached to the tub rails but not sure how well that would work. I really like the looks of this home made one!

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd be very interested in details as well. I'm looking for something to keep some water out of the back when the soft top is on but windows are out. Also keep prying eyes off whatever is back there.

I thought about trying the Bestop duster deck cover or something similar and just leaving the rear corners not attached to the tub rails but not sure how well that would work. I really like the looks of this home made one!
I have the Bestop duster deck cover. You cannot have it installed with a hard top or soft top installed. It attaches to the tub rails and uses the tail gate bar at the back.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have the Bestop duster deck cover. You cannot have it installed with a hard top or soft top installed. It attaches to the tub rails and uses the tail gate bar at the back.
Thanks for the reply. I thought I saw someone that left the corners unhooked where the soft top mounts but I didn't think about the tailgate bar.

I'm really just hoping for something I cam use with the soft top to keep some of the water out when I have the windows out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts