Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my jeep is ugly and needs to be repainted but I don't know a lot about this stuff. I have connections but I still plan on doing most of the work myself. my jeep right now is Gold but I hate it so I was going to change it to something darker. It has the spice interior so I was thinking maroon but I heard that its difficult to paint. what are some suggestions you guys have? I have lots of options and I don't know which one I prefer so I'm open to ideas. I also need to know what paint to buy since I don't have a lot of knowledge on the subject I want something that looks professional but is easy to apply so hopefully something that won't need multiple clear coats or something

·
Registered
5,148 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Do not do Maaco. Two kids I knew in HS had there cars done there... Car was one color, but the door jams, under the hood,...where still the old paint. One had runs in the paint, while he other had to paint start flaking off.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
I've learned to paint fences up and down and houses side to side. Saw it in a movie, so it must be true.

But seriously, is it your DD or not? I plan to slowly bedline my entire exterior of my Jeep. Maybe part by part as time goes on. I don't know if I'll go all out and monstaline it or just use a rattle can though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts