Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also have the skid plate attached to bumper as well.
Did you have trouble securing the winch?

Seems like with the skid plate on, getting to the bolts to hold down winch might be hard.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I installed a Warn VR8 to this bumper while it was on my Jeep and it was very easy to do but I don't have the skid plate and I imagine that would make it very difficult to reach. I think you'd probably need to remove the skid.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I installed a Warn VR8 to this bumper while it was on my Jeep and it was very easy to do but I don't have the skid plate and I imagine that would make it very difficult to reach. I think you'd probably need to remove the skid.

Yeah, but you have to remove bumper to mount skid. Getting bumper on with a winch installed will be crazy heavy.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have a zeon12s on my PSC brawler lite, I mounted the winch to the bumper before installing the bumper on the jeep, then after the bumper was on the jeep I installed the skid plate, getting the bolts for the skid was really tight and I left I think 2 or 4 of them out because I couldnt get them in.

Mounting the bumper with the winch already on was not as difficult as i expected.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a zeon12s on my PSC brawler lite, I mounted the winch to the bumper before installing the bumper on the jeep, then after the bumper was on the jeep I installed the skid plate, getting the bolts for the skid was really tight and I left I think 2 or 4 of them out because I couldnt get them in.

Mounting the bumper with the winch already on was not as difficult as i expected.

Yeah, tried mounting skid after bumper was mounted and good not get enough bolts in. Will check to see if I can get my hands inside to secure winch.

Or bumper off, mount winch, mount skid and then have someone help me mount it al.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts