Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to swap out the stock 17" silver Moabs on my '14 Sport S. I always liked the Hulks, so they are in my top 3 right now. Just curious if anyone here was using them, how they've held up, if you're bored with them, etc.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
I've seen pics on the web of JK's with them. They look good to me.

But I don't know what the back spacing is on them. They are 17" by 7.5" with 5x5 patterns..which is pretty standard for the JK.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
I think they have the 50mm offset which is basically the same as the stock wheels so around a 6.2" backspacing. That's fine if you are running stock size tires. If you want to tire up, you'll need to run spacers.

I think the 17x8.5 MOAB wheel from Quadratec with the 4.7" backspacing is a really cool factory look wheel at a great price. But it's good backspacing and extra width make it highly functional.

Quadratec Exclusive 92615 2111 - Quadratec Moab Style Alloy Wheel for 07-14 Jeep&#174 Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK in 17x8.5 Size with 4.7" Backspacing - Quadratec

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
are those any different than the stock MOAB's that come on many of the lower model JKs now?
They are quite a bit different.

Well, design wise they look the same.

But the Qtec rims are 8.5 inches wide (vs 7.5") and have better backspacing (4.7" vs 6.25" or 6" or whatever stock is). No need to run spacers.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
They are quite a bit different. Well, design wise they look the same. But the Qtec rims are 8.5 inches wide (vs 7.5") and have better backspacing (4.7" vs 6.25" or 6" or whatever stock is). No need to run spacers.
Exactly this. These are the wheels that Jeep should be giving us from the factory IMHO. Plus they are big tire friendly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think they have the 50mm offset which is basically the same as the stock wheels so around a 6.2" backspacing. That's fine if you are running stock size tires. If you want to tire up, you'll need to run spacers.

I think the 17x8.5 MOAB wheel from Quadratec with the 4.7" backspacing is a really cool factory look wheel at a great price. But it's good backspacing and extra width make it highly functional.

Quadratec Exclusive 92615 2111 - Quadratec Moab Style Alloy Wheel for 07-14 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK in 17x8.5 Size with 4.7" Backspacing - Quadratec
This is awesome info, because the mineral gray and black Qtec Moabs are also on my list.

If I went with a set of Goodyear SilentArmors in 17", am I going to run into any problems with spacing / fit at all?

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
This is awesome info, because the mineral gray and black Qtec Moabs are also on my list. If I went with a set of Goodyear SilentArmors in 17", am I going to run into any problems with spacing / fit at all?
It would depend on the size, but as long as you stayed at 33's or below, you should be good to go. The 4.7 offset allows you to run wide if you want to.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It would depend on the size, but as long as you stayed at 33's or below, you should be good to go. The 4.7 offset allows you to run wide if you want to.
Perfect, thanks. I'm sticking with 33's as my Jeep is my DD, and I really don't do any serious off roading.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts