Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking real hard for a nice TJ. Something in good cosmetic shape that my daughter won't be embarrassed to be dropped off at school in. Unfortunately in the Northeast a nice Jeep is a difficult find. Rust buckets and back country beaters are a dime a dozen around here but the combination of good looks, clean frame, and moderate miles is rare.

From my web searches I have stumbled across Collins Brothers Jeep in Dallas (actually just north of Dallas). Their Jeeps look good in pictures, and even though they cost a bit I would be willing to pay more for a better TJ. Does anyone have any experience with them? As stupid as it sounds I'm actually thinking about buying from them and having the Jeep shipped to Pennsylvania. A roll of the dice it would be.

Tom

·
Registered
262 Posts
I know a guy that bought a mint very low mileage YJ from Dennis Collins, he payed for it, but its in immaculate condition. He is very happy with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know a guy that bought a mint very low mileage YJ from Dennis Collins, he payed for it, but its in immaculate condition. He is very happy with it.

I see their prices. Not cheap at all but it may be a "get what you pay for" thing. Right now I'm driving all over, 2 - 4 hours one way to look at TJ's in "OMG EXCELLENT!" condition that are just not that. And I'm not getting any younger :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
I see their prices. Not cheap at all but it may be a "get what you pay for" thing. Right now I'm driving all over, 2 - 4 hours one way to look at TJ's in "OMG EXCELLENT!" condition that are just not that. And I'm not getting any younger :)
Well sir, I can only suggest you find the one your interested in and call them and ask questions were you have concerns, I'm sure they will send you pics if you ask, and yes, your gonna pay for the low mileage one's, I can tell you my buddy had a brake line leaking at the master cylinder when he got his home and they covered the cost of repair.
Could be a epic road trip for you and your daughter, fly out and drive back.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,414 Posts
Thank you for those links my friend. I'd love to find a place like those closer to me but unfortunately that's just not happening
No problem. If I come across any more, I'll post them up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Never been to Collins Brothers but he figures in the Discovery show Fast N Loud. He also has a You Tube posting on Fridays called coffee walk. He walks through his shop showing what they are working on. He has shown some beautiful resto mods they gave done.

·
Full Size Jeep Dr.
3,414 Posts
He's also a used parts supplier. I've gotten a windshield for a Wagoneer from him, and picked up a set of factory wheels for my TJ (Canyons) at $40 a piece.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My grand daughter is looking to sell her 98 tj. It's a California car that was shipped to Dallas for a car for school. It has a new 4" lift, new 33's new radiator and thermostat, totally newly geared rear end. Its has custom bumpers and spare tire carrier, winch, nice stereo with amp and subwoofer. Lots of lights. Runs good, headers and exhaust, sounds good also. No AC, so she's looking to let it go due to that. She just spent her 1st summer in Dallas without AC. That was enough for her to let it go.

Let me know if you're interested? It might be the jeep for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts