Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for some ideas as for wiring this thing up with out the use of a drill bit. Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Installed my 50" sr series using the Poison Spyder brackets. I drilled the cowl to enter the harness. You could lift the cowl vent assembly but the wire is tight once back together. Ill shoot a couple of pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Installed my 50" sr series using the Poison Spyder brackets. I drilled the cowl to enter the harness. You could lift the cowl vent assembly but the wire is tight once back together. Ill shoot a couple of pics tomorrow.
sweet thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
dvdsjk said:
Sorry for the delay on the pics. had a little upload problem! Here they are.
Is that a mirrored cover over the lights? Or is it just the picture making it look like that?

·
Premium Member
1,996 Posts
Metonymy said:
So which is better, the amber or the white?

And which pattern did you guys go with? Flood, spot, or combo?
I have the combo and the patterns cover just about everything. Also mine are clear With the amber covers. The only thing I don't like about the combo is that you can not chose which lights to turn on, spot or flood, it is ALL or nothing.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have the combo and the patterns cover just about everything. Also mine are clear With the amber covers. The only thing I don't like about the combo is that you can not chose which lights to turn on, spot or flood, it is ALL or nothing.
I got this combo as well I'm using the Spod gave me control of which lights I power. Nice looking setup.

·
Registered
109 Posts
you can kinda see in this pic - i cut the power/ground wire plug off the light bar, soldered a longer piece of wire on, and made a small hole in the weatherstripping just next to the a-pillar, and then snaked the wire down the inside of the a-pillar trim and through the firewall from the inside of the jeep. you can kind of see the wire in this pic.

i have no leaks or any extra noise from the wire. the light bar does make the soft top quite a bit louder though.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I talked to Rigid at a show and you can order any combo bar as a custom wired unit. When I order mine i will have the spot as one lead and the floods as the second lead. That way I can have either or both. It's ~$100 fee to do this, and you have to order direct....that's the only downside, no good discounts from vendors.

·
Registered
374 Posts
you can kinda see in this pic - i cut the power/ground wire plug off the light bar, soldered a longer piece of wire on, and made a small hole in the weatherstripping just next to the a-pillar, and then snaked the wire down the inside of the a-pillar trim and through the firewall from the inside of the jeep. you can kind of see the wire in this pic.

i have no leaks or any extra noise from the wire. the light bar does make the soft top quite a bit louder though.
This is what I want to do. I need to run my light bar wire through the weather seal. Any details on the size of wire or how you ran the cable after drilling a hole?

I've tried running my cable under the freedom top and got a leak. Then I moved it to the door and got a leak there. My fear is even if I use smaller wires I'll still get a leak. There aren't really any tutorials on this I can find. If I figure it out I'll make one for sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts