Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an X and I do a lot of highway driving. I'm looking to buy a cruise control kit from eBay.

Anyone ever install one before?

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
That's what I'm thinking. Where did you find it for $80? Cheapest I've seen now is $150.
I got the switch, harness, and wheel surround(plastic trim piece behind the steering wheel) from moparonlineparts.com. The only issue was that it did not include the screws to attach the switch to the wheel. It wasn't that big a deal to me, though, as I had a bunch of GM 4.3/5.7 cap and rotor screws that fit.

Just be careful to order the right parts. For my 2009 X, it was as follows(the steering wheel back cover is black. Khaki will be a different part number):

COVER-STEERING WHEEL BACK
[Part#: 1GA31XDVAA]

SWITCH-SPEED CONTROL
[Part#: 4671929AC]

SWITCH-HORN
[Part#: 68003477AA]

That was $81 shipped a year ago. It's just a little bit higher now.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I did it recently too, added factory fogs at the same time so I didn't have to take it apart twice, mine was a mopar kit off eBay too for I think 110$ Or So.... Very easy install and no special tools, I'd guess a half hour or so...,mine took a bit longer doing the fog lights at the same time because the fog light instructions are crap.... Cruise was easy and no programming either

·
Registered
152 Posts
My kit came with the screws too.... The screws went in hard because the holes they went into weren't tapped for screws and had to be forced in to cut threads as you put them in.... Not the first time I've seen a oem accessory like that

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the switch, harness, and wheel surround(plastic trim piece behind the steering wheel) from moparonlineparts.com. The only issue was that it did not include the screws to attach the switch to the wheel. It wasn't that big a deal to me, though, as I had a bunch of GM 4.3/5.7 cap and rotor screws that fit.

Just be careful to order the right parts. For my 2009 X, it was as follows(the steering wheel back cover is black. Khaki will be a different part number):

COVER-STEERING WHEEL BACK
[Part#: 1GA31XDVAA]

SWITCH-SPEED CONTROL
[Part#: 4671929AC]

SWITCH-HORN
[Part#: 68003477AA]

That was $81 shipped a year ago. It's just a little bit higher now.
Thank you! I didn't think about piecing it together.

·
Registered
152 Posts
another thing you may want to consider prior to installing it is watch a youtube video on how to remove the horn pad cover, you need a pick and/or screwdriver to release the tabs, I watched a you tube video to find the clip location and take out the guess work on that part, once you know where they are its easy

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got it in $100 from ebay...its nice and Install a cruise control kit is best to help improve fuel efficiency and minimize driver fatigue.
1 year ago that's how much they were. They've gone up! Same with poison spyder bumpers! I should've bought last year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts