Registered
250 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Could save money and get a carbon fiber kit from Amazon (I went with Sojoy) and I chose to use this OEM fitting harness - Quadratec® JK-APT2011 12 Volt Power Adapter for 99-17 Jeep® Wrangler TJ, JK, TJ Unlimited & Wrangler Unlimited JK | Quadratec

For less than $100, you can have a great kit - Larger heating elements (also a passenger seat element that you can cut out for the sensor).

You will have to mount the switch (just the the Check kit) in a location of your choice. I like my location below -

Attachments

·
Registered
886 Posts
Could save money and get a carbon fiber kit from Amazon (I went with Sojoy) and I chose to use this OEM fitting harness - Quadratec® JK-APT2011 12 Volt Power Adapter for 99-17 Jeep® Wrangler TJ, JK, TJ Unlimited & Wrangler Unlimited JK | Quadratec

For less than $100, you can have a great kit - Larger heating elements (also a passenger seat element that you can cut out for the sensor).

You will have to mount the switch (just the the Check kit) in a location of your choice. I like my location below -
Hey Leroi,
This one is close to the top of my mod list and I'm also using that adapter from Qtec. Have a question about how you wired it: Each seat heater that I'll be getting has a fuse on the power wire and the adapter also has its own 10amp fuse. Did you install the fuses that came with the heating elements or did you just go with the one fuse for both seats that's already on the adapter?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey Leroi,
This one is close to the top of my mod list and I'm also using that adapter from Qtec. Have a question about how you wired it: Each seat heater that I'll be getting has a fuse on the power wire and the adapter also has its own 10amp fuse. Did you install the fuses that came with the heating elements or did you just go with the one fuse for both seats that's already on the adapter?
I went with the 10 amp fuse with the harness, don't recall the fuses with elements

·
Registered
480 Posts

Very cool. Thank you!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Are there any kits that allow you to use the standard buttons like from the factory?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Heated seats was the first thing I put in when I got my 2017 in November. I didn't find any kits that can use the factory buttons, since they would need to tap into (or replace) the circuit board behind them. This board is also to reason why most buttons wont fit in that spot, or will interfere with the other buttons on the strip.

By clipping the connectors and soldering your wiring to the back of the switch, you'll get enough space to mount them to the outermost buttons on the console.

Here what I ended up with:

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Heated seats was the first thing I put in when I got my 2017 in November. I didn't find any kits that can use the factory buttons, since they would need to tap into (or replace) the circuit board behind them. This board is also to reason why most buttons wont fit in that spot, or will interfere with the other buttons on the strip.

By clipping the connectors and soldering your wiring to the back of the switch, you'll get enough space to mount them to the outermost buttons on the console.

Here what I ended up with:
Which kit did you get?

Also pic does not show for me

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't see the image I just posted, here's the direct link if others have this issue: Flush mounted buttons for JKU aftermarket heated seats - Album on Imgur

So I am tempted to try this out, seems relatively cheap. Could I use the Quadratec harness and do zomiesai's button mount method?

edit to add - is SoJoy a known brand? Is any particular brand better than the other? why is the Check one so much more?

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,507 Posts
We can provide a discounted quote on the seat heater kits we offer as well! For a discounted quote you can go about it 3 ways:

1) PM me with your first & last name, address, zip and the part numbers you would like to order. I'll reply back with a discounted quote if applicable. This takes 1-3 business days on average depending on PM volume.

2) E-mail my sales rep Rob at: [email protected] Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

3) Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm.

Whichever you prefer works for us.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick

1 - 20 of 96 Posts