Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Anyone installed Quadratec Seat Heater Kit?

28K views 95 replies 22 participants last post by  Geomarker 
#1 ·
#2 ·
#4 ·
Could save money and get a carbon fiber kit from Amazon (I went with Sojoy) and I chose to use this OEM fitting harness - Quadratec® JK-APT2011 12 Volt Power Adapter for 99-17 Jeep® Wrangler TJ, JK, TJ Unlimited & Wrangler Unlimited JK | Quadratec

For less than $100, you can have a great kit - Larger heating elements (also a passenger seat element that you can cut out for the sensor).

You will have to mount the switch (just the the Check kit) in a location of your choice. I like my location below -

Attachments

#6 ·
Hey Leroi,
This one is close to the top of my mod list and I'm also using that adapter from Qtec. Have a question about how you wired it: Each seat heater that I'll be getting has a fuse on the power wire and the adapter also has its own 10amp fuse. Did you install the fuses that came with the heating elements or did you just go with the one fuse for both seats that's already on the adapter?

#20 ·
We can provide a discounted quote on the seat heater kits we offer as well! For a discounted quote you can go about it 3 ways:

1) PM me with your first & last name, address, zip and the part numbers you would like to order. I'll reply back with a discounted quote if applicable. This takes 1-3 business days on average depending on PM volume.

2) E-mail my sales rep Rob at: RobW@quadratec.com Tell him you're a Forum user and would like a discounted quote. He'll get that going for you. He typically responds within hours if it's Mon-Fri 8am-5pm Eastern.

3) Call my sales line at 1-800-745-2348. Tell them you're a Forum user and would like to place an order with your Forum discount. Their hours are Mon-Thurs 8am-Midnight, Friday 8am-9pm, Saturday 9am-5pm.

Whichever you prefer works for us.

Thanks & have a great day!

-Rick

#30 ·
I was nervous also. But I followed these instructions 2014 JK Passenger Heated Seat Install and even eliminated I believe three of them on the passenger seat. I am probably the only one who can tell they are no longer there.

#31 ·
I did this back at the beginning of December and will attest that although the seat part of the process wasn't too bad (probably about 4-5 hours for both seats) wiring, switch location, pulling interior apart, putting interior together, etc added another hour or so.
In fairness, I also replaced all the speakers and mounted a sealed slim sub under the drivers seat as well which didn't help with the total time (add an additional 1.5 hrs for the sub and speaker wiring.

The important part of this install is to really take your time with the seats, get everything properly routed, and mount the switches where they are convenient to you. I mounted mine right below the stereo between the window switches and the vents. on the back of that dash panel are circular manufacturing marks on each side of the switch hole that are almost the perfect spot.

#32 ·
The important part of this install is to really take your time with the seats, get everything properly routed, and mount the switches where they are convenient to you. I mounted mine right below the stereo between the window switches and the vents. on the back of that dash panel are circular manufacturing marks on each side of the switch hole that are almost the perfect spot.
Did you use the Quadratec kit?

Can you post pics of your buttons?

Although at 4 to 5 hours worth of work, I think I might be better off paying to get this installed

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

#33 ·
For whatever reason, I am having trouble uploading the photo via mobile. When at my computer, I'll post it.

The ones I used were the Check Corp ones. Although the kit at Q-tec uses a singular harness for both seats, you lose out on the 4th panel for the butt cushion on the passenger side. Personally, I used 2 single seat kits and just had to suck up having to run a couple of extra wires up to the dash.

The butt toasters were probably my favourite and most used mod so far.

As for the power wiring, I initially used an add-a-fuse tap into the fuse box under the hood but have since build a power panel with relays that my 'extra' accessories are powered by. It effectively eliminated any water penetration into the fuse box but is not necessary if you use the q-tec 12v lighter power tap that was mentioned.

#36 ·
I like how you mounted the switches _ wish I saw that before I mounted mine in the console in front of the cup holders.

#37 ·
Thanks.

I was worried that if I mounted them there, it would look like crap but I couldn't figure out where else to mount them within reach and not on the lower centre console (I spill way to much coffee and water for them to be safe there).

I thought of mounting the switches on the lower portion of the A frame pillar trim but the wiring wasn't nearly long enough for that and I didn't feel like making extensions. I also realized that if the wife got out and left it on, it would have been a pita to turn off the passenger side.

I'll post a second pic showing the full dash later to give a better perspective. Hopefully I'll be able to get the orientation right so the pic isn't sideways.

#38 ·
Hopefully I'll be able to get the orientation right so the pic isn't sideways.
Turn your phone sideways (landscape) when you take the pic, should do the trick.

I will also be checking out your pic and might just steal your idea if my install doesn't go as planned...at the moment I'm planning on mounting in a daystar lower dash panel. Yours is a clever spot and haven't seen that one yet. Nice job!

Edit: Do you find the illumination on the switches to be annoying at all being up closer to eye level?

#39 ·
I haven't noticed any issue with the lights from the switches. It's either a faint green or faint yellow that is totally overpowered by the nav deck anyway so I only notice it when I actively look at the switches.

I looked into the daystar panel but as you can see from the pic, I drive a stick shift and that panel isn't really conducive to ease of access.

Attachments

#41 ·
Thanks.

Now that it's done, if I had to do it over again and was given the choice, I'd put them in the exact same spot.

I think the wider picture gives a better perspective. That and the proper orientation. I'm sorry to all those who had to turn their head or their screen sideways with the first one.

#43 ·
That's why I am leaning towards the Quadratec kit.

I never actually looked at eBay kits, but every time I read Amazon reviews for the cheaper ones there are a lot of complaints of issues.

I would hate to spend several hours installing the heating elements and wiring it up and then they quit working

I realize that is also a possibility with the Quadratec kit, I just assumed that there is a lower probability of failure

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

#53 ·
I installed this Amazon kit LINK on the wife's Jeep a little over a year ago. It's been working great.
I used the quadratec accessory plug BUT it's only 10 amps, each seat on this kit requires 10 amps. I haven't resolved the issue yet, but you can run both seats on low or one seat on high w/o blowing the fuse.
Ordered BARTACT seat covers and installed the heated seat between them and the factory seat.

Mounted the switches on the front of the center console.

#55 ·
Same set up I'm going for except with the way more expensive waterproof heaters. The Bartacts are waterproof but i get rained on alot so figure I better be cautious. Covers ordered last week and the wait begins, looks like I even ordered the same custom stitching as your wife's. All black with red stitching? Or is that just the footwell lighting?
Did you use the adhesive backing on the cloth seats or do they stay in place without it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.