Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found some Sahara rims and tires I need shipped about 300 miles. Anyone have experience with this so I can arrange it for the person selling them.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
I'm doubtful you'll be able to do this in a cost-efficient manner. You'd be better off waiting and finding a set locally.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Road trip
Great excuse to put some miles on the JK!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think all of you are correct. Might have to make the drive as it is a good deal at $400 for all five off a 2012.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
I think all of you are correct. Might have to make the drive as it is a good deal at $400 for all five off a 2012.
damn that is a screaming deal. If it is on a route that is common between your two cities there are short haul truck drivers etc that will pick them up and deliver them for a lot cheaper then ups fed ex etc.
the guy on the other end might have to take them to a loading dock and you might have to pick up from a loading dock but that is no big deal. there is a web site called www.Uship that works well. I know guys who use it all the time for motorcycles and such and never have had a problem.

·
Super Moderator
23,782 Posts
I can't get $200 for 5 Sahara wheels (rims:rolleyes:). Wonder if there is a recycle value?
yes actually there is. I stopped into AEV which has their R&D shop about 4 miles from my house to see if they had any take off Rubicon wheels/tires they wanted to sell and they told me that they had just taken a bunch of rims to the recycling center as there was no real market for them. They said the Toyota guys were buying the stock rubi rubber and then they would get stuck with the rims. They said they no longer would seperate the tires from the rims because of this.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I posted it on uship.com

they are going to Spokane, WA from Portland, OR

it's a seven hour drive each way for me.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Ouch, hopefully something from USHIP will work out, maybe you can be on the Shipping Wars show, thats the site they use I believe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts