Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I have a low-profile L-shaped music cable connector in the AUX input jack on my REQ.... I'd like to not have it there at all.

What I'd like to be able to do is open the radio up and either remove the jack module from the front faceplate, keep it inside the radio (or extend it to the rear outside of the radio) and plug in my cable where it cannot be seen (back inside the dash) or tap into it and create a new one in the back.

I am asking if anyone has seen a writeup or knows if it can be done (relatively easy) before I go to the trouble of opening the radio up and finding it practically impossible.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Even though I have a low-profile L-shaped music cable connector in the AUX input jack on my REQ.... I'd like to not have it there at all.

What I'd like to be able to do is open the radio up and either remove the jack module from the front faceplate, keep it inside the radio (or extend it to the rear outside of the radio) and plug in my cable where it cannot be seen (back inside the dash) or tap into it and create a new one in the back.

I am asking if anyone has seen a writeup or knows if it can be done (relatively easy) before I go to the trouble of opening the radio up and finding it practically impossible.
I've been wanting to do that too. That jack is annoyingly to high. I've been runnig a 6 ft cable down and under the center shift console to beside the seat. You can probably do it. might have to drill a hole to run a cable out of the radio. I would use some real good 6 ft shielded cable. Just cut one end and solder into the current AUX Jack. Or at least thats what I would imagine it should be. Dont know. Never opened a radio up before. If you can get it out, see if a Stereo TV repair shop can do it. YOU WONT KNOW UNTIL YOU OPEN UP THE RADIO. It might be to modular and not possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts