Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fellow Jeepers lend me your gears.

I have a ’03 crimson Rubicon. It’s a great Jeep but looks could improve. I saw that there are simple parts, such as hinges, that I can replay with chrome hinges that will give my vehicle have a little more character. On top of that I was thinking of getting Neoprene seat covers to update the interior. All told this comes in around $800. A steep price for cosmetic work.

So below I’ve listed out the various components I was looking to replace with chrome components. Again mostly simple hinges and all from Smittybilt. The reason I am looking at Smittybilt is simply because it’s the least expensive. There are others but they are more expensive. The question is can I get this cheaper from somewhere else? Perhaps a junkyard? If I did a junkyard I’m afraid I wouldn’t be able to find chrome only mat silver.

Also I heard that people were not happy with neoprene. Seems the common complaint was that it didn’t do well in the summer. It always made your skin stick to it, kind of melted in the sun and wasn’t supposed to get rained on. So that’s a drag, but I really like the look of it. Makes the Jeep look a little more sporty which is what I am going for.

I guess the question is can I do this for less? I’m not certain investing this kind of money will make that much of a difference. Also is there a junk yard around here that anyone would recommend? Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks

Hood Kit - $70
Smittybilt Part 7465 - Hood Kit-WS3

Hood Catch Kit - $80
Shopping Cart for SmittybiltDepot.com-WS3

Air Scoop - $12
Smittybilt 5505 87-95&98-ON WRANGLER AIR SCOOP CHROME

Door Entry Guard - $35
Smittybilt Part 7488 - Stainless Steel Entry Guards-WS3

Fuel Filter Housing - $10
Smittybilt Part s/b7508 - Fuel Filler Housing-WS3

Windshield Hinge - $140
Smittybilt Part 7493 - Windshield Hinge Set-WS3

Door Hinges - $50
Smittybilt Part 7441 - Half Door Hinge Set-WS3

Neoprene - $340
All Things Jeep - Neoprene Jeep Replacement Seat Covers (Custom Fit) from Coverking The Coverking Neoprene Jeep Seat Covers will ship in approximately 4-5 weeks. We apologize for the delay.

·
Registered
507 Posts

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
I dunno, I'll have to ask my wife who is the only one in my house who knows anything about cosmetic accessories. ;)

·
Registered
719 Posts
just add mudd

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah some other jeepers recommended plasti dip. They said it's cheaper and doesn't look ghetto so I'll have to go with that.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
you have a 2003 Siena Pearlcoat Rubicon? It does not need bling. Skip the chrome doo-dads and the other nonsense. It's a waste of money on such a great Jeep as a TJ Rubicon. You asked.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Ok if you want it to look good.

Get new bumpers, new rims and tires, rock sliders, led light bar above windshield, led headlights, led windshield mounted pods, mabye a club sticker or two, half doors for summer time looks

Basically to make it look good build it for offroad minus the axle swaps and suspension items. Just add all the body armor and fenders and such

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Neoprene seat covers are horrable (do a search). They will fade fast (particularly red), soak up water and moisture. If you need seat covers, Iggiee (eaby) and Bestop are the better ones.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was gunna say....

took me a while to plasti-dip just about everything you have listed on my TJ but its your jeep!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts