Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a brand new INE-W967HD head unit and it is amazing. The sounds is impeccable and the look is stellar. I guess it is so new my dealer had no idea and was still installing INE-W957HD (one year older model). Anyways the USB hookup is great and I realize most stuff can be streamed over bluetooth but I always love the option of hooking multiple USB driven devices up via the USB. I have ran into a bit of a problem. Every hub we have bought that turns the one USB drive into let's say 4 outlets are not compatible. Does anyone have any insight into Alpine compatible usb hubs? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Sounds to me like the usb port you're trying to connect to isn't a powered usb port, or it doesn't have enough amps for the hub. Most usb hubs need a powered port or a separate power source.
You could try looking for a 'data only' hub, maybe? But then again, whatever devices you are trying to plug in might require more amps than the port can provide.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Given the complexity or the file folder management of multiple USB devices being connected at the same time, I'd be pretty impressed if any head unit could do that.

It would have to have some sort of menu where you could first select the specific USB device you want and then dig into the folders.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Given the complexity or the file folder management of multiple USB devices being connected at the same time, I'd be pretty impressed if any head unit could do that.

It would have to have some sort of menu where you could first select the specific USB device you want and then dig into the folders.
+1 on this

It's unlikely that the head unit has enough logic to assign multiple drives at one time.

USB hubs themselves are relatively simple, and really shouldn't vary much internally.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts