Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while my sons were replacing the clutch cylinders this weekend we found a couple of unidentified electrical connections under the dash. Can anyone identify these connectors for us?

IMG_0394.jpg
IMG_0395.jpg

·
Registered
683 Posts
It's for plugging in your hair dryer.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tray!

Reactions: Tray Burge

·
Registered
15 Posts
So while my sons were replacing the clutch cylinders this weekend we found a couple of unidentified electrical connections under the dash. Can anyone identify these connectors for us?

View attachment 4168013

View attachment 4168015

The buzzer makes me think it’s the key-in-ignition buzzer that’s triggered by the door switch. I hunted mine down and killed it in cold blood. I wanted the dome light (which I disable by unplugging when the doors are off), but not the buzzer. Light didn’t work without both plugged into the door switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Jeeps came from the factory wired for everything including AC. If the jeep was not optioned with something say intermittent wipers then you will have a dangling connector.

The first connector appears to be wiring harness for a hard top. The second picture looks like wires for the door jam switch to illuminate the courtesy lights under the dash or possibly the dome light in the hard top if so equipped.

Reactions: jhendry
1 - 5 of 5 Posts