Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I take my jeep out yesterday. As I'm driving I take a left turn and I hear what sounds like the tire rubbing the wheelwell or grinding. Now i don't have oversized tires I only have 26 inch tires on it. When I get home and park it in the garage I come out later to find a pool of really thick brown creamy fluid under it. It was the consistency of mud. I don't think any coolant and oil are mixing anywhere because I recently replaced the rear main seal and there was nothing in the oil pan that looked like this and nothing in the coolant system either as I recently flushed it. It's a 94 YJ 5 speed, 6 Cyl. Any thoughts on this?

Also this is happened once before. The rubbing noise only happens when I'm shifting years and turning. After a few hours, the brown fluid leak stops and doesn't occurr again until that noise happens again. I probably took it out four times between occurrences. Now I do have a small leak by the front passenger tire that is new but it's not the brown fluid.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Start by checking your fluid levels(axles, oil, trans, trans case, engine, p/s). Where ever you find the same fluid, that may be where the leak is coming from. When oil and water get mixed together, they form a mixture that looks and smells like a nasty gear oil milkshake.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Where under it did you find this fluid? Generally if you look up from where the puddle on the floor is you can find what is leaking fluid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts