Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a shop or a competent dealer that I can trust my Rubicon with?
So many hacks out there and I need my new Rubi aligned properly.
Sw FLA

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I have an amazing shop in the South East of Florida, Brandons Auto in Pompano. The only shop I bring my 16 Hard Rock to. The did a great job on my Jeep with a 3.5" lift and 8 Rock Krawler adjustable arms. My Jeeps drives awesome!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Is there a shop or a competent dealer that I can trust my Rubicon with?
So many hacks out there and I need my new Rubi aligned properly.
Sw FLA
If your rig is stock, the only thing that is adjustable is "toe" and that can be done very easily in your driveway with a tape measure and a helper. There's a sticky post about doing it. Adjusting it to within spec is also extremely simple, loosening a couple bolts and turning a collar one way or another. Now, if you have aftermarket adjustable control arms, I wouldn't let just any shop near them, no way. I would do that myself, too, but, as was mentioned, if you can't do it yourself, find a good truck shop or off road builder that does custom work.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone know of a real good on in sw fl?
I really don't hear to many good things about this area.
Had it to two shops, one dealer and on truck shop both say it's good but out of the drive way she drifts.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Need some more info, is your Jeep lifted? Tire size? What tire pressure? When I left the dealership with my new Hard Rock it had over 42lbs of pressure in the tires, lowered it to 35 and it was much better.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Not the issue, I need someone to straighten out the vehicle itself.
Brand new and tracks.
So, you have a new Rubicon with no lift and factory tires if I understand correctly and your Jeep Drifts. What is your tire pressure? They come from the dealers with to much tire pressure that could cause your Jeep to drift a bit. If 2 different shops said your alignment is ok I'm sure it good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts