Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for people to ride with around west Ga. Douglas, Paulding, and Carroll counties. Also looking for legal trails under 1.5 hours away from D'ville. I'm usually free on Sundays, Saturdays tend to vary with my work schedule. Let me know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
sheepdog168 said:
I'm looking for people to ride with around west Ga. Douglas, Paulding, and Carroll counties. Also looking for legal trails under 1.5 hours away from D'ville. I'm usually free on Sundays, Saturdays tend to vary with my work schedule. Let me know.
There is Morris mountain off of 20 in Alabama not too far away. I'm also from Douglasville and I sometimes go to cross plains off of 166. Just don't go at night unless your looking for a party.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I keep hearing about Cross Plains but not sure where it is. My understanding is that it is near the Douglas/Carroll line which is very close to my house. Can you pm directions please.

·
Registered
95 Posts
New to the site. I am also looking to ride some. Where is this cross plains at. And is it trail riding or mud. Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked it out on YouTube and it looked like nothing but mud. My son and I rode around the area a few weekends ago and didn't find it. We went on a ride near at nimblewill gap near Dawsonville, but the forestry service had all the trails closed doing unscheduled maintenance. It was a haul, but definitely want to go back in the spring. If I find something local and legal, I'll post it on here.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Crossplaine hulett rd in carroll county go to the fork to your left its marked dead end you'll know your there when you see the power line its small and its mud if it has rained

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I live on Cross Plains! I can literly walk out my front door and hear the powerlines popping! If you go down 166 and turn down Jones Mill Rd. And then take Woodruff Rd(a dirt road) you cross under the powerlines. There is hills and mud and creeks and a lake!

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hoytgirl07 how do you get to cross plains from villa rica ????
Go down Hwy 61 towards Carrollton. When you get to the triangle/hwy 166 turn down hwy 166. Go for a few miles and then there will be a convience store on the left called Smallwoods. Go past Smallwoods and right around that curve there is a dirtroad called Woodruff Rd. There is an old brick community center at the end of it. Turn down that dirt road and you will come across the powerlines. That is one way to get to crossplains.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I checked out Cross Plains today. Pretty good trails and you have the option to push it as hard as you want. I just took all the easy routes today since I was by myself. I am going to try to get the wife to ride down there again this weekend.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
hey mikega8 let me know if you go maybe i can tag along

1 - 20 of 30 Posts