Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming down for a week in August. Sadly I won't be in my rig (not that I'd need it)

Looking for info on things I need to do and/or places I need to be sure and visit.

And if anyone is actually in KW and wants to take me on a Jeep tour that would be fine as well. :)

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One bump before my trip next week.

·
Registered
313 Posts
In KW you won’t need your jeep anyway the island is very small and everything you need is on Duval Street. If you can bring a bike with you that would be great. Do a pub crawl and some of the memorable ones are The Bull and the Nude top floor Garden of Eden, then Hogs Breath, Captain Tonys, Irish Kevin’s, Sloppy Joe’s just to name a few. I would set aside a cruise on the Furry for sunset they give you rum runners or beer and its a nice few hour cruise to see it set. Don’t forget to do Sunset at Mallory Square and if the cat guy is there watch his show. There is a cool fort on the backside of the Island in the State Park which is pretty big and worth a look too. Its a very easy bike ride from Duvall street. I am sure there is lots more to do but this is just off the top of my head, also don’t for get the Clams on the Half Shell Bar on the west end.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In KW you won’t need your jeep anyway the island is very small and everything you need is on Duval Street. If you can bring a bike with you that would be great. Do a pub crawl and some of the memorable ones are The Bull and the Nude top floor Garden of Eden, then Hogs Breath, Captain Tonys, Irish Kevin’s, Sloppy Joe’s just to name a few. I would set aside a cruise on the Furry for sunset they give you rum runners or beer and its a nice few hour cruise to see it set. Don’t forget to do Sunset at Mallory Square and if the cat guy is there watch his show. There is a cool fort on the backside of the Island in the State Park which is pretty big and worth a look too. Its a very easy bike ride from Duvall street. I am sure there is lots more to do but this is just off the top of my head, also don’t for get the Clams on the Half Shell Bar on the west end.
I know I don't need my Jeep. Just checking to see if any fellow jeepers were gonna be in the area. :)

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to get there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts