Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have one on my crew cab 11 ram and w the exhaust and intake all packaged together YES it's huge. U can adjust so much w them. I highly recommend. All thought I've not done one on my jeep. Too many worth while safety mods needed before horse power mods for me

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
They work if you get like a superchips one or the one I used was by bama racing. Idk if they do other cars though that was on y mustang. It's kinda like the procal if you have ears of that it can make your shift points better for improved acceleration and basically tells your cars computer to f itself and takes the car over and lets it actually make real numbers that couldn't by car companies set limiters. Like really a 2011 5.0 mustang that was 33k and it has a speed limiter on it at 140 mph.. Like come on lol and yes I actually did hit it once on a track

·
Registered
672 Posts
if you have a 2011+ diablo motorsport has cracked the pcm code on the jeep for better performance. i dont know anyone who has this so just hear say so far. its 550+

·
Registered
2 Posts
Performance chips are great however with a V6 you will not see nearly the increased HP that you would with the V8. Example, if a company says you will increase 50-60 HP expect with a V6 maybe 20-25. Also you can increase your HP tremendously if you get the main brain reprogrammed without the chip. However I would probably wait to your warranty is run its course if you have one since this will most likely void your warranty. If you add a cold air intake system add maybe another 8HP and if you add dual exhaust add 10-15HP. So with chip, CAI and dual exhaust you may get max around 45 additional HP. If you have the new Pentastar V6 with the 285HP it wouldn't be unreasonable to get your JK to around 330HP. Get system reprogrammed and possible you may hit 340-350HP. Thats pretty freakin' quick for a Jeep

1 - 6 of 6 Posts