Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
A slightly odd size # on all jeep forums. Most run either 285 or 305. From there, 70 vs 75. Most will recommend a more common size in case of a flat. And yes there are countless jeepers that have known two and three flats on a single outing and had to borrow off others. FWIWorth. Luck

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is this for stock wheels ? How much lift do you have?

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
Cooper ST Maxx 295/70R/17 with a 2.5" AEV lift and 3/4" spacers in the front (to reduce rake).

There are a few more pics in my Jeep profile if you're interested ....

It is not a common tire size but really like this size. Slightly narrower than the 35's, with 4.75" backspace rims it fits nicely with no rubbing (with OEM fenders) and runs fine with 3.73 gearing.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Pics,opinions? Really liking the nitto trail grapplers.
Those Nitto Trail Grapplers almost run true to size, so this size is nice if your looking near 34". Even a lot of the 35s run closer to the 295/70r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wheels with 4.5s and 2-ply E-rated 295/70r17's (Dick Cepek Extreme Country) - not loud, and smooth going 90mph with one finger. 3.73, and plenty of pep.

·
Registered
8 Posts
295/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers with AEV 2.5. Like many, I spent way too much time debating what lift, what tires, what size. 285/70/17 did not seem like a big enough difference over stock and I was not ready to make the jump to 315 as it is mostly a DD with some light trails. I also did not want the tires sticking out way past the fenders. The 295's with AEV Savegre wheels are flush with the fenders. Much better stance than stock, but not way out. I could see going to 315's when these tires are done, but very happy with the 295's.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
295/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers with AEV 2.5. Like many, I spent way too much time debating what lift, what tires, what size. 285/70/17 did not seem like a big enough difference over stock and I was not ready to make the jump to 315 as it is mostly a DD with some light trails. I also did not want the tires sticking out way past the fenders. The 295's with AEV Savegre wheels are flush with the fenders. Much better stance than stock, but not way out. I could see going to 315's when these tires are done, but very happy with the 295's.
That's almost exactly my situation mostly DD occasionally trail riding. A friend of mine has 295 and I really like the way it sits. Most 33's seem to look significantly smaller. I have to drive a lot everyday and I think 35s are gonna be hurt me on gas. right now I plan on running stock wheels budget boost and spacers until I can get money for some offset rims

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
I run the Cooper S/T Maxx 295's and they are a big step up from the 285's in size. In fact, my 295's are nearly as wide as most 35's. With 4.75 back spacing, they just tuck under the fenders meaning I can run less bump stop and keep more travel than most with 35's. The downside is that they are almost all E rated tires which means they are heavy duty... Not as soft as riding on a Duratrac.

Not a great photo, but a view of the front.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll add, that I was also concerned about "performance" based on endless reading, aka "research" here (not that any Wrangler is a performance vehicle). I have 3.73s and the did not notice any difference in "performance" vs stock. The Nitto Terra Grapplers are D rated and we we went with them based on having them on our other non-Jeep vehicle. Probably would have gone with DTs, but they were not available in 295.

·
Registered
296 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Here's mine. MasterCraft's.

IMG_20180403_140744808_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180403_140904344_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180403_140935769.jpg

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Cooper ST Maxx 295/70R17, Quadratec Hardrock wheels, JKS 2.5" JSPEC lift.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts