Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to search through here for an answer but it seems most folks with savegres have 35s. So here goes ...

Anyone running these wheels with 32s, like the stock BFGs? What's it look like? Everything fit well?

I have a new Sahara and would rather fiddle as little as possible for now. But I love the look of the savegres. So I figured the easiest solution would be selling my like-new OEM stuff ... and running the savegres with a set of take-off rubicon tires. Seems like I wouldn't have to do anything but mount them ... though the 8.5 width (vs. 7.5 stock) had me wondering just a bit ...

Any input appreciated!

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
The stock 255's should be ok on a 8.5" wheel. They are about 10" wide tires. Seems like a reasonable solution to me. :) Congrats on the new Jeep :wavey:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that's what I was thinking. But then I also wasn't sure if it would look bad. Most photos I've seen of savegres are with much larger tires ... and almost always lifted. In fact, AEV says they designed these for lifted JKs ...

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Yeah, they designed them so that most could upsize tires. Less backspace is needed for that. You'll find out soon enough... :) The backspace/offset will improve the stance of your Jeep quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
After seeing what my 285s look like on an 8.5" wheel I would be hesitant to run 255s on one. It's not hellaflush by any means, but the tire could definitely use a little more width. I suspect the tread width of a 255 will be narrower than an 8.5" wheel and will make it look like it's too narrow for the wheel even if it isn't.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, since I don't HAVE to buy rubi takeoffs, I could do something else then. I'm just worried about rubbing and don't want to have to do a lift or anything (at least not now).

So I guess I could always run wider 32s ... but I just don't know what combo would work well with the stock Sahara setup.

I looked through the "will it rub" thread already; however, I didn't really get a straight answer from that and would really rather just hear from someone's personal experience/knowledge ...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, Savegres have been ordered. So now I really need answers! :D

Been thinking of going with Duratracs in 265/70R17 rather than the OEM BFGs. Seems like it should still work pretty easily but is there any chance someone is already doing it?

The width should be a bit better on 8.5" rims so the only other real variable is the backspacing (savegre is 4.7 vs. factory of 6.25).

Any additional thoughts out there?

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Look up ESP123... Pretty sure he's stock height with aftermarket wheels, so less bs. He has about the largest tire you can run on a stock JK with appropriate bs (5" or less...) I'm pretty sure you can go up to a 285, but you need to verify that.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info ... ended up ordering Duratracs in 265/70r17 ... should work well, but I'll post once they're on. And include a pic, of course!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Bump... how did these turn out? Pics!

·
BBQTIME
174 Posts
I'm interested too. If there won't be issues with rubbing, I believe I will order black savegre wheels and install GYDT 285/70/17.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts