Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys/girls,

I just picked up a set of 33" baja claws, and I love the way they look. On the street they are a bit noisy at low speed, but they quiet down once I get moving, and honestly I didn't buy them to be a quiet tire, haha. I am hitting Rausch Creek tomorrow to see how they do compared to my A/T's... My only concern is that the claws get really mixed reviews in terms of mileage. What are you guys getting? My TJ has never cupped, feathered, or chewed up any other tires so I'm not expecting any unusual wear. I'm just wondering what mileage I can expect if I rotate them front to back every 5k or so. thanks.

here is a picture with the new tires...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Im currently running 33" baja claws. I love the look of them, however I will never be purchasing them again. They wear very quick, and I live in South Tampa and if anyone is familiar with the area, we have some of the worst roads in the state. I believe im getting about 15 mpg, and for the amount of off roading I have done with them, I am probably going to be switching back to an all terrain next time around.

·
Registered
7,150 Posts
I am. I'm happy with them. I've been running them for 2.5 years and haven't had a single problem with them. Keep them balanced. Rotate them (front to back) every time you do an oil change and they'll last as long as any other offroad tire. Maintaining them properly is the key to longevity with MT Baja Claws. Some other tires are more forgiving with not rotating them or keeping them balanced, but as long as you keep on top of your tire maintenance with the Claws, they'll last as long as the next guy's tire.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have 265x70x17 (32's) D C Crusher tires on a set of MOTO Metal 909 Skull wheels. A combo made for each other and fits on a stock TJ with no problem. They run great on the road and are a load range E.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts