Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase some new A/T tires and was looking at the BF Goodrich A/T KO's. Was curious as to if anyone is running them/how they perform? Any reviews/suggestions would be appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
im running 33x12.50x15 they are great in the snow/sand and quiet highway tire. they should also have 60,000 mile tread warranty. they are good in the mud, you just have to spin them to clean them. just about the best all around tire in my opinion. i run them on everything i own.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I have them on my TJ. Great in soft snow, quiet on the highway. NOT good on ice or hard packed snow. Will last forever. I have 16,000 miles on mine and they still have the little nibs in the tread. Perform well for the $.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Get the KO2.
YES- What digger said.

I have another post on here with 2k plus views on my new 34x10.50-17 K0'2s.

The short answer is i have run 9 sets of K0's on all sorts of trucks and this new K02 is the shit.

The quietest AT tire i have ever run.

One KEY benefit? ALL of the K0's wear like IRON. I get 55K on a set not 35K like some get with Duracraps.

Wont run Goodyear. Ever.

Yes im drnking the BFG Kool-Aid and I LOVE THEM!!!!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Good, basic all-terrain tire. Not the best perhaps, but very good in many situations.

Wear like iron! This is important, tires are expensive.

I liked mine in the snow. On ice, not much is worthwhile except a true winter tire. Mediocre in mud. I've run several sets of these things over the years on trucks and Jeeps.

CW

·
Registered
271 Posts
good, basic all-terrain tire. Not the best perhaps, but very good in many situations.

Wear like iron! This is important, tires are expensive.

I liked mine in the snow. On ice, not much is worthwhile except a true winter tire. Mediocre in mud. I've run several sets of these things over the years on trucks and jeeps.

Cw
x2

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
One of the biggest plus is they have a 3 ply sidewall --and depending where you off road that could be a huge plus---one of the reasons not many people run Duratracs up here-- the shale and slate covered roads eat them for lunch. BFG seem to hold up much better and do wear like iron.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
I have them on both jeeps and am very happy with them. The main reason I got them was for tread life and 3 ply sidewall. Lots of rocks here.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Running 35x1250R15 KOs

Great in snow, minimum hum on pavement, great in rainy conditions, great on dirt, not good in mud. OP where are you located?

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
^^^ Love the paint job!

Just started running 33x10.5, and my initial impressions are really positive. Good in the rain so far, and really quiet compared to the MT ATZ's that were on from the PO.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
^^^ Love the paint job!

Just started running 33x10.5, and my initial impressions are really positive. Good in the rain so far, and really quiet compared to the MT ATZ's that were on from the PO.
:thumb:

·
Registered
256 Posts
Running 35x1250R15 KOs

Great in snow, minimum hum on pavement, great in rainy conditions, great on dirt, not good in mud. OP where are you located?
How are those 35's spinning? Notice a lot of power loss? What gearing do you have?

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a 6 speed with 3.73. The tires are very light for a 35 at 54lbs each. Very little noticeable loss of power. Average mpg is 15 city and 16 hwy. Both the tires are wheels are brand new and are for sale currently.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f14/35x1250r15-bfg-at-and-level-8-trackers-1155385.html
Nice man thats good to hear, I really like the look of 35's and 15's would you say they run true to 35's or run a bit small? I know most tires run smaller then advertised but just wondering how much.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts