Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, anyone running these? Do they hold up? I figured i should start my modding somewhere so disco's seem good. I have stock suspension right now but im doing a 2.5 coil or BB lift by TF down the line. Any info on these will be helpful. Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am running them. Used them today in fact. They are great, but, they did not start out great. The quick disconnect posts we're too large for the bushings and made it rediculously hard to disco and reconnect. I call Teraflex and they stated they were having tolerance issues with the bushing manufacturer. They took my name and address and sent me some machined posts and they fit snug but not tight. Great customer service.

You can just buy the disconnect posts and pins if you already have the longer endlinks from another teraflex kit. I found this out too late and have an extra set of end links.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, i do not have any TF products yet as this will be my first mod. Do you see a problem with adding this to a stock jk with the stock 32" tires and 18" rims? Rubbing? I heard some similar complaints as you mentioned about the bushings.

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
I'd recommend JKS quick disconnects over TF. For many reasons, one main reason I've seen in the past is the above issue.

Second, its never a good idea to keep the sway bar links connected as I have seen peoples tires run them on the trail and get a flat tire.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw the jks, but the stock ones only go up to 2". And it may be a little while till i get the 2.5" lift

·
Registered
91 Posts
I saw the jks, but the stock ones only go up to 2". And it may be a little while till i get the 2.5" lift
Might want to double check that, I'm no pro and i do not work on my own JK (thanks 4 wheel parts), but i have a 3.5" Rubicon express lift on mine with the JKS's.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had the TF's on the 11 and they worked great with no rubbing. I really liked the stow points that came with the kit so I didn't have to tie them up when they were disconnected.

·
Registered
14,065 Posts
You would be money ahead if you didn't buy either the JKS or TF discos and went with the Antirock. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HRNTFXR said:
Might want to double check that, I'm no pro and i do not work on my own JK (thanks 4 wheel parts), but i have a 3.5" Rubicon express lift on mine with the JKS's.
What i meant was that they have a 0-2" disconnect and a "2.5-6" disconnect. But im getting one for a stock jeep so it only goes up to 2" lift when i decide to lift.

I heard the antirock suffer on road though?

·
In a trailer in the woods
75,359 Posts
What i meant was that they have a 0-2" disconnect and a "2.5-6" disconnect. But im getting one for a stock jeep so it only goes up to 2" lift when i decide to lift.

I heard the antirock suffer on road though?[/QUOTE]

Mine handles better on the road with the AntiRock.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Wow to the second post where the bushes were to tight on the post. I had the opposite problem with the set I bought where there was about 1/4 inch freeplay total with installed (bout 1/8th inch movement bot top and bottom).

I did like the idea of the closer fitting top connection and ended up with a set of Synergy link and quick disconnect. I am not a fan of the JKS ones as the whole link is removed. You also have to be careful to strap the sway bar horizontal when disconnected witht he JKS or the pin on the swaybar can (and has) punctured inner tyre walls.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hear so many problems now with the teraflex, im leaning toward the JKS. i feel like the antirock is beyond what i need. I like that its adjustable. Any procautions i should take (cutting tire/fender wall) with these on a stock jeep?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I hear so many problems now with the teraflex, im leaning toward the JKS. i feel like the antirock is beyond what i need. I like that its adjustable. Any procautions i should take (cutting tire/fender wall) with these on a stock jeep?
Just take your old links off and put the jks ones on.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, so heres another question. I just ordered the jks disconnects for 0"-2" lift height but i do plan on doing a 2.5" lift in the future (less then a year) and i was wondering if the disconnects will still work with that size lift even though it says 0-2".?

·
Doesn't know much
456 Posts
jkmohican, I'm going to say no. Otherwise they would make them 0"-2.5" or 0"-3" This is not factual information on my end, but I don't see the reasoning behind making two different sets for different heights if one worked for all.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah i figured. I guess ill just buy new ones when i get the lift, which will be in a year. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Jks

As the title says, anyone running these? Do they hold up? I figured i should start my modding somewhere so disco's seem good. I have stock suspension right now but im doing a 2.5 coil or BB lift by TF down the line. Any info on these will be helpful. Thanks
Honestly, I love them. I havent disconnected yet. My problem if anyone could help is how to tie up the sway bar if it becomes loose?:punk:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just installed mine recently. Once disconnected raise sway bar up as far as possible and wrap either bungee cord or large zip ties around frame and sway. Now JKS is adjustable. They say 2" but you could probably get away with these with your 2.5 BB. You can actually have your sway bar + or - 5 degrees while connected. I am not 100% but I think you would be ok even if your sway is angled down a bit.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts