Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just seen where bushwacker came out with aluminum tube flares. Anyone running them? Thoughts? Install issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
361 Posts
According to Quadratec they are still a couple weeks out from being available, so I doubt it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
My shop can get them, says there in stock at their warehouse. $779.
I'm going this way a little later, after lift and tires.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh okay I knew I had seen them on a few shops websites. I'm just curious how hard of an install and weight difference between the plastic and aluminum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
429 Posts
They are out, have a friend that installed them last week- pretty sweet

·
Registered
821 Posts
I went to a local shop here in AZ that had them, ready for install. The owner handed me a front, could not believe how light it was. Visually, they are similar to other tube fenders. All 4 with powder coat for around $800.

On the subject of fender flares, a giant rock attacked my rear passenger. And I drove over it. Carnage was going the back way to Crown King on Saturday. And yes, I became temporarily involuntarily immobilized due to operator error too.

Can the powers that be please flip the pics over?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
I went to a local shop here in AZ that had them, ready for install. The owner handed me a front, could not believe how light it was. Visually, they are similar to other tube fenders. All 4 with powder coat for around $800.

On the subject of fender flares, a giant rock attacked my rear passenger. And I drove over it. Carnage was going the back way to Crown King on Saturday. And yes, I became temporarily involuntarily immobilized due to operator error too.

Thanks
Hi badAZbiker,

Been thinking about doing that back way up to Crown King myself before it gets too hot.
How difficult is it? Do you have any lift on you your Jeep or does it just look like it because of the high center :)

·
Super Moderator
14,559 Posts
I've seen them at Outlaw Jeep and Offroad, I loved the light weight and they look very nice. Finish was excellent. I'd put them on.

The one negative comment I had was the mounting flange was larger than normal and extended in to the wheel well enough to possibly cause a tire rub at full compression if you have your bump stops optimized for flats. I suspect it isn't a problem for a "normal" Jeeper...

·
Registered
520 Posts

Thanks
Did the panel take any damage? Hard to tell from the picture. What is that cool thing you have laying on the ground in your garage?

·
Registered
821 Posts
AZdane,

I have a teraflex spring leveling kit with rancho xl9000 shocks and a full set of rockhard 4x4 skid plates. I have beaten the chit out of them, taking my jeep in places I probably should not go without a lift. I can not say enough good things about the skids. The body is fine, still a few plastic clips in it. The "cool thing" laying on the ground is a set of crawler conceptz rock sliders that I took to powder coating today.

Back way to CK does not require a lift. There are bypasses around the hard, technical spots. However, the road detours thru a river bed due to a new mining operation, that everyone must go thru. It's wide enough for a jeep but rocky. What do you have?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts