Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can you imagine...how expensive that must have been?
a completely new driveline, new axles, bigger brakes........
about $60K. At least that's what it sold for on E-Bay. lol

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
That motor alone is like $18K... and install prolly cost $8k and then on top of the cost of a new Rubicon... sheesh.

I'd rather drop in a decent EFI small block.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It makes me extremely curious what kind of person would spend that money ($60k) on that much power, let alone, who needs it?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
ive seen a guy spend 350,000 on a hummer with an extra back axel.. if i had the money.. id definately put a hemi in a jeep..

but realisticaly speakin.. ill never have that much play money =D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ha Ha.. you and me both. But really. What would you need that much torque for? Planning on towing a house?

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Still, There are much less expensive ways of getting 450 horses. A supercharged small block chevy would be half the cost. Well, maybe not a brand new one.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
There are many ways to achieve great results like this, without having to spend $60k. But I have met people that have spent that kind of money, and more, on their Jeeps. It is all relevant to your passion, for the extreme, and the size of your wallet.:D:D:D

A local stealership just took in a fairly new Rubi, in on trade, and immediately, took out the engine, axles, and chopped off behind the seat, added 12" to the frame, and started to build a brute. They dropped in the Hemi 5.7 put in D60 and D70 axles, and welded on the brute P/U bed. It is totally awesome. They also put in the AtlasII transfer case.

·
Registered
366 Posts
you can build a v6 to put out the same amount of power as that hemi and still be able to tune it up

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
thought id bring back an old topic

we met this guy last summer, he joined our jeep club shortly after

he sold this to lift his new jk and to help built his brute.. he got 56k for it.. hes even rolled it once =p

hemi, with dynatrack 60s, 38'' iroks, coilovers on all corners, and too much more to list

1 - 15 of 15 Posts