Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
I'm here, not much action here so I don't stop in much.

·
Registered
804 Posts
The only local one that I subscribe is JOCCI.co

·
Registered
339 Posts
How many other forums does everyone here belong to or at least check into?
There's really no other forums that are local only. Most of the actual active clubs are on Facebook.

Anymore with a specific 1-2 clubs, it seems to be nothing but extremely inappropriate behavior though.

It's just best to stay in places like this and avoid the local only areas all together has been my experience.

This is the only actual forum I frequent outside of Facebook groups. Seems to be the least drama in here. I used to go to the ForbideenJeeps forum as well but stopped going there a while back.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I certainly can see your point, prior to Jeeps I was into Mustangs and over the years I belonged to several clubs but most of them were kids complaining about how the cops picked on them because they were jealous of their cars. This was usually followed by them laying rubber for an 1/8th of a mile as the left the meeting place.

The first Jeep outing I went to in the Des Moines area was a joke. There was a fair amount of drinking, not a lot of guidance for newbies like I was (am). I saw one Jeep get rolled and in the end I did have a decent time but it wasn't for me and my son (17) who was along.

I then went to a meeting JOCCI and it was much different, the meeting was at Okaboji Grill off 86th and I-35/80. This was not a Wheeling event but a meeting and about have of the people had a beer or two but that was it. Drinking is strictly forbidden at wheeling events!

I few weekends later I went wheeling with the group, they started me and my son on ride alongs for the first half of the day and then we got our Jeep and joined in. Every obstacle they guided us through giving tips and advice along the way. They told me obstacles to avoid (mostly stock) and what I could handle. It was a blast. I have been a member of this club now for about 6 months. They have Talk & Tunes occasionally and are always helpful to people like me, not just the guys with over the top rigs.

For reference, I would say that 75% of the Jeeps in the club are JK's, 20% TJ's and a couple of others. Ages of the group range from mid 20's - the 60's, with everything in-between.

That was longer than I intended...

John

There's really no other forums that are local only. Most of the actual active clubs are on Facebook.

Anymore with a specific 1-2 clubs, it seems to be nothing but extremely inappropriate behavior though.

It's just best to stay in places like this and avoid the local only areas all together has been my experience.

This is the only actual forum I frequent outside of Facebook groups. Seems to be the least drama in here. I used to go to the ForbideenJeeps forum as well but stopped going there a while back.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts